Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#467836 02/04/05 03:38 AM
vrunyon Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm looking for a copy of the windows programmer or some help in why the copy I have won't work.

I have version 3.2.5 (according to Help, About) but it won't dial my external modem (USR v.92 attached to Dell laptop with XP). I can dial/connect using this same modem to all of my older Adix systems which use the DOS programmers, but I can't connect to my two newest systems remotely. I can use the windows programmer I have when I direct connect on-site.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like it doesn't see the modem. Make sure you don't have any other com programs open (dos programmer, vmail programmer, etc). Sometimes if a modem is plugged in or changed after the program is opened you may have to reset your pc. Can the program dial out at all? or just not connect? You may also want to upgrade to the latest adix programmer, 3.2.9, or the newer windows programmer for the ECS that also can program the adix.

vrunyon Offline OP
OP Offline
It doesn't even try to dial. I have also tried it with my internal modem and it won't dial that either. Nothing else is using the COM ports at the time. I can quit the windows programmer and immediately dial out with a DOS programmer which tells me it's the windows programmer software that is the problem.

Do you have the newer version of the programmer that you could send me?

if you're using the old us robotics modem with the windows programmer the modem has to be installed in windows, or just use a modem already installed, the windows version doesn't need to use the us robotics like the dos version.

i think i've got the us robotics modem installed as just a standard modem on com 1 and it works, but i just always use the internal modem

also any version over 3.2.2 needs win 98 or better to do remote access, somethin about win95 tapi er sumthin...i kinda drifted out on the tech supp guy about that time cuz it didn't effect me

hope this helps

have fun
rich

"It's like the man said...never take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive" Bugs Bunny
If you go to connection, then connect, then direct modem in the programmer, does it show or let you choose your modem? If you have a usr external on the pc, try setting the dip switches to 3, 5, 8 down (make sure to power off modem after changes). Does the modem work on any other windows programs? (pc anywhere, hyperterminal,etc.)

vrunyon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks AnnaCat!!

It was the dip switches. I had them set the way they need to be for the DOS programmers to work (1, 4, 5, 7 and 8 down).

According to the Iwatsu manual, the dip switches are supposed to be 3, 5, 7 and 8 down.

Works great now! I can connect to ALL my Iwatsu systems remotely and can now ditch all those various DOS programmer versions and only use the Windows programmer.

No Problem, I wouldn't throw out all the dos versions, I believe the windows programmer only goes back to adix v6.0 (dos programmer 8.0), we still have customers on adix v4.27 (it works and they don't want to spend any money). If you have customers upgrading older versions (pre v6.0) you will need the dos programmers to convert up to windows.

vrunyon Offline OP
OP Offline
I won't throw them away, I just won't have to use them anymore for any of our phone systems. I'm an IT tech. at an architecture/engineering firm and our phone systems only go back to CPU 6.0/programmer 8.00.

Thanks again for the advice!

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024