Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KLD Offline
Okay, Ed, here we go!

Sorry I can't give you the exact info on the set or ringer BUT ----

I have a 2500 marked "Cortelco" that I've carried on the truck as a test unit for the last 3 - 4 years. All the printed info on the bottom has been worn off. I cannot find any markings on the ringer although it is a 4A style ringer.

TWO ringer leads Only. Uses the network cap.
some of the ones prior had a cap but only two leads.

Now the WECO 4A had the four leads, and to do party ringing on eight party lines it (depending on the type of CO) required a 425 (or 6) type tube with radioactive material to do the code ringing. Somewhere I still have a wiring card. Some were of different tube values, depending on the CO. Most independent telcos used harmonic ringing (cyclic frequency). That is how they got 10 parties on one line. eek

Sorry to get off the topic but you forced me to put down my cup of coffee, put on the boots, and trudge out to the truck while the second cinnamon role heated up! :idea:

So, enjoy that 2500, but don't confuse the WECOs with others like I did.

KLD :scratch:

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

KLD Offline
Tried to get the old Polariod to get the pic of the wiring but it is too fuzzy to show.

Who needs no stinkin' digital camera in their cell phone? :shrug:

KLD wink

Ken
---------
KLD Offline
Went to the shop --- Cortelco 2500 --- 25000-VBA-20M 5-06 BK HAC It has a 10-05B7 Base Ass'y. Two wire ringer.

KLD wink

Ken
---------
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Ken I agree with you. Two wire ringer coils are the norm nowadays for the most part since party and frequency-selective ringing is all but gone.

You still have to use a capacitor to isolate the ringer coil from the line. The capacitor allows ringing voltage to pass, but blocks DC current flow. This keeps the ringer coil from putting a short across the line.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
So Mary, were you able to connect your ringer from what we gave you? help

I'm thinking- maybe someone here would be willing to take care of it for you if you send them the phone?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I think she solved it from TTT's post before the distinguished gentlemen took the topic for a ride smile

The combination of different coil windings and capacitors determined which freqency? No, this is not true

Ed you are wrong. One subsciber had had Tip Ident and the other could use any phone available.

One would have the option in the set through the bell winding for a two party ident crkt to ground for billing. The billing side of the party would need a 500 or 2500 set optioned for a party line.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
SS, you do realize the last post before yours was 1 1/2 years ago right?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,495 CTX100 install
187,726 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, BobRobert), 109 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024