Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
So you're saying that the Telco is unresponsive, overpriced and uncaring. You've almost got it!

Once you learn that they are basically incompetent, you'll truely understand them.

Don't take it personally. I recently had a customer go back to the local telco from a CLEC. They couldn't get anyone to come see them either. They ordered a voice PRI and a Data T-1 from a salesman over the phone. After a few months, they did get most of the problems worked out.

If you really want to get a price using Verizon, you may try talking to an independant agent. I have a postcard from www.etgserv.net sitting on my desk (fixing to be sitting in the can below my desk). I don't know anything about them but I think they do sell services for Verizon.

Welcome to our world...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jweaks Offline OP
OP Offline
"Once you learn that they are basically incompetent, you'll truely understand them."

I have come to understand this. So... Verizon tells me repeatedly there are no bundled packages for our services and no local contacts. I dig and find out there is at least one package (probably 2 or 3) that bundles everything we already have at a discount. I enquire about that and I'm referred to, guess who...

the local business office!

Which is... right here in Durham.

Imagine that.

I have to call the national 1-800 to get in, but once I explain everything for the Nth time I eventually get routed to the right place.

Dogbert in action. smile

jweaks

I told you our board was the best with top notch experts in telecom! They gave accurate, solid advice that comes from experience.

I recommend to do the following:

First fax Auditel www.auditelinc.com some pages first four from your bill 719-689-2175. I will do a free consultation with you after reviewing them or:

Call Verizon
Make sure you don't have any contracts with them on this first.
If no contracts in place, get them to reduce your current long distance rates to incremental billing and lower cost per minute. This will help you no matter what... as long as you don't sign or give a verbal approval to a term or contract. Ask for month to month rates for now.

Also ask for no minimum flat fees for the long distance usage. If you don't pay a minimum flat fee it is best - if low flat fee gives you a reduction in cost per minute then calculate the usage based upon your current minutes and multiply by the new cost per minute to ensure you will exceed minimum fee by at least 25%.

Ask what their best rate is for your hunting lines separate from your dsl service. Ask how much the cost is for single lines.

You currently have five business lines
with three in hunting (from what I can gather in your write up without viewing the actual bill).

Ask Verizon each number you are billed for and write them down. Hunting and then single lines. Then dial each of them from another line on the system or from a cell to ensure they all work properly.

Next you need to test the hunting. After checking to ensure all phone lines work properly then make sure you need all three in hunting. Are there ever times when you have three calls come in at once? If so you may need to have a traffic study completed to see if you are missing callers.

What are you using the other two lines for?
Make sure you are using them since you are being billed for them or consider reducing your lines to number needed.

The data fees could be for internet usage. Do you use Verizon to connect to the web?

Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Kind Regards

Barbara Clements
President

Auditel Inc.
www.auditelinc.com
[email protected]
Colorado office: 719-689-5953
Orlando office: 800-473-5655
We have a office in Greenville, NC and our long distance bill was way up there, nearly 5,000 a month. We have the Samsung iDCS500 phone system and decided to go with a PRI and Earthlink's VoIP service. For 34.99 a month we get unlimited long distance and have tied it into our phone system. I think its going well though I do get the ocassional complaint about the VoIP line breaking up, its a huge savings. We will likely purchase a separate broadband service to dedicate to the earthlink system, it will still be much cheaper in the long run.

jweaks Sent you a PM

jweaks Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone. Nothing to update at this point. I'm just getting over the flu so I'm way behind.

jw

jweaks Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm getting warmer...

Verizon can do it the cheapest, but they cannot do long distance account codes the way we need.

Two CLECs have given me offers. They offer many more features than we need, but the cost savings is not as good as I had hoped. We would save $80 to $130 per month with their plans. They both want 3 year contracts, which I'm leary of.

I'm still looking.

Thanks,
jw

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I have seen cases where the CLEC's prices aren't necessarily cast in stone, especially when you are signing a contract. Don't be afraid to ask them to sharpen their pencil. The worst that can happen is that they say "no".

The monthly savings you have mentioned sound a lot better since you look to be saving nearly $3,600.00 for the term of the contract. Not too shabby in my opinion. Most CLECs want a term contract due to their up-front cost with Verizon to install the circuit(s). That's not unusual. If their service ends up being bad, you can usually get out of the contract. Just make sure that if you go that route, you keep plenty of accurate documentation of any problems, along with names, order numbers, etc. so you will have plenty of ammunition in the event that it's ever needed.

Just keep in mind that most CLECs still rely upon Verizon (or LEC) to provide the circuit. Failures on the LEC's part might be out of the direct control of the CLEC. Also, remember that CLECs usually bring everything into your office over a single circuit, so if it fails, you actually lose everything unlike your current line situation. It's happened to us twice in three years and both times, it was due to a failure on Verizon's end. We were able to get our numbers forwarded to alternate destinations immediately and the service was restored pretty quickly.

We are saving about the same amount as your proposals even with our original two-year contract and I couldn't be happier with the choice we made to use a CLEC. They even sweetened the pot when our contract ended last year and actually offered us a lower rate to keep them. Not bad.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I have seen enough. And, cordially I apologize for getting here a month late. However, Mr. Weaks, you have a much better option than a three contract. Of course price is a main concern, and I have taken into consideration on your needs from this entire blog informing you of what and what not to choose. Your decision is much easier than what you expect. Ultimatley, you and we are at the mercy of the ILEC. They are the last mile. I would highly suggest to call a phone broker such as myself to eliminate the e-mailing and blogging back and forth to better address your needs. Telecom brokerage is the upgrade to CLECs. We cover the one stop shop. The best thing about going with a CLEC is you are assigned an account team normally existing of 5 direct reps and 1 sales manager. During the process, you will have direct access to all phone numbers and e-mails to better update yourself as you move closer to the install date.

Forgive me in advance if you have already pulled the trigger and signed with a carrier, but as a consultant I wanted to at least say hello. Good luck in your search, but would rather hear back from you personally.

Kind Regards,

Steven Nance
Telco Soltions
404-452-8449

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024