web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Just found that our LD provider (Nuvox) will no longer connect us to our voice conference provider (Acrobat Connect); it's all part of the "traffic pumping" stuff going on around the midwest USA. Apparently local telcos are allowed to charge vastly higher rates, and some businesses (legit and shady alike) are moving to set up shop and take in revenue due to these higher rates.

FWIW, the voice conference service is at 218-486-2202. AT&T cell phones can call it fine, but our LD carrier and some of our customers are finding that they can't get connected. I filed a trouble ticket with Nuvox and they state it's due to carrier issues--not a busy signal, but a real "call abandoned/we don't talk to them" issue.

SO... that all said, I need to find a low-cost voice conference provider not likely to have this "midwestern phone flu". Any recommendations? Has anyone else seen this from their own provider? IIRC, AT&T just got the smackdown from the FCC sometime in the past year or two on this precise issue.

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
Telecom Newbie by Necessity
CIX 100 : ACTU AR5.20 MT067.00
and Stratagy IVP8
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm really surprised the LD carriers didn't put their foot down on this a long time ago. The law was put into place to help the mom and pop phone companies. Like all things that start out good some slime ball comes along and figures out how to take advantage of others good intentions and ruins it for everyone.

This is one I've used in the past, they have a paid for service also. You can contact them and see how much their paid service is. I haven't used them in a long time. www.freeconference.com

Retired phone dude
We're also looking for a solution to this problem. It seems to me the most cost effective method will be to have a stand alone conference bridge that supports SIP trunking. The only problem is that I haven't found such a box yet.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
I just found this. Looks interesting https://www.epygi.com/quadro-cs/71/

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,299 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, pvj), 177 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024