web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I reinstalled an Emerald Ice system for a client who was moving into a new location. They said the system was set up just the way they wanted; I just needed to hook it up again.

Turns out it isn't set up just the way they wanted. They want each line to ring all phones a few times and then go to its own individual voicemail box. I have the installation manual and the PC program but cannot figure out how to program this.

Any suggestions before I call a Tadiran dealer? I already have 6 hours into this project and just want to get this done and get paid. I swear I will never touch one again.

PS. When I press the "voicemail" button on a system phone, the display says "no members" or something like that. I do not get a voicemail box.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
I would get paid BEFORE you do one more thing. You moved it under a condition..they broke that condition. I always add a OBTW (Oh, by the way) charge for these things.

OP Offline
Can anyone help with this?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
OP Offline
In connection with the Tadiran programming, I am interested in buying a "smart" serial cable. It senses what pinout you need to establish serial communication and makes the connections for you. I know these have been mentioned before on this bulletin board. Does anyone have a current recomendation for an inexpensive "smart" serial cable?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Serial is rather simple. Either you need a straight through regular cable or a null-modem adapter..all easily found in radio shack. On the ICE there are two connectors (actually 3..one is smdr) One will be for system programming and the other is for programming the flash vm found on the flash vm card. I believe i this config you need both null and straight.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I carry one of these smart cables w...d a null modem adapter will do the same

the only reason I have the smart cable is I picked it up for a buck at a garage sale and sliding the switch is faster than digging out a NM adapter

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
I tried hyperterming into the voicemail port using a straight thru cable. I got nothing. I am going to try a null modem cable. Is the programming of the voicemail pretty straightforward?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Yes and No. You have to have certain keys programmed to navigate the menus like ^OP etc.

OP Offline
How do you program the keys? Can I just push [ESC][O] [P] on my computer keyboard?

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
No, these have to be programmed I THINK it's VT100 or VT52 emulation and the function keys have control characters. It's all in the voice mail manual. Once you set it up like in procomm you save it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,184 Shoretel
188,992 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 146 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024