Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Admin
Admin
Originally posted by Kumba:
And like anything microsoft does, they tend to destroy the market. You can trace that back through their history.

Who would have ever thought that Microsoft would release a game console that would outsell the Sony PlayStation? Food for thought.
Not disagreeing with you but how big a financial charge did Microsoft make trying to refix their "gamey console"? Both of my son's consoles have failed 3 times.

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

[/QUOTE]Not disagreeing with you but how big a financial charge did Microsoft make trying to refix their "gamey console"? Both of my son's consoles have failed 3 times. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Exactly. More than likely when Microsoft does finaly enter the IP PBX market it will be with an IP Softswitch, which is where the medium to large market is going anyways. It is highly probable that one will purchase the Microsoft XXXX system and will only get a DVD in the mail, leaving the hardware to the server manufacturers. Why deal with hardware when you do not need to anymore?

Steve

Heh, I wouldn't buy it until SP1 came out....lol

I wouldn't think about using any phone system that runs on Windows. It linux or nothing for me...

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Just to clarify i'm not rooting for it, or have high hopes for it, I just know i'll probably end up hating it like I do cisco smile

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Think of it this way....if you have 10% of the number of problems, freezes, reboots that you do with the average PC running windows......would that be acceptable?

Then...you start wondering if it will be vulnerable to viruses...

Sounds like a great chance to sell new phone systems as people rip these out!!

This whole topic is really interesting to me. Considering the nature of communications today, namely 'Collaborative' which relies on interoperability, Microsoft will have to make some major changes to the way they are used to doing business. That can't happen overnight. wink

I blogged briefly on the topic just last night: Microsoft doesn\'t get Web 2.0

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by upstateny:
Think of it this way....if you have 10% of the number of problems, freezes, reboots that you do with the average PC running windows......would that be acceptable?

Then...you start wondering if it will be vulnerable to viruses...

Sounds like a great chance to sell new phone systems as people rip these out!!
Right on target! Don't forget, Microsoft will forever bombard the buyers with licence requirements, renewals, etc. which of course is good for us.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Except for the fact that the SMB and larger manufacturers will also start going this way, as they will see it as a way to make money (at least initially). You already see them following the parade by changing their chassis from flatpack or card cage to rack-mounted and modularly-connected.

From Microsoft's perspective, with phones going VOIP, why SHOULDN'T they see this as a great opportunity? I agree that they will likely turn it upsidedown, but there is one difference: downtime is only tolerated for so long with telephones. I don't believe telephones will receive the same tolerance for downtime as is the status quo and expectation for computers and Microsoft operating systems. It's our job to continue reminding the consumers that there is no reason to tolerate this kind of unacceptable service, even if it's coming from the software monopoly. We know better that there is an alternative to computer-like downtime for phones.

I, too, believe that if approached the right way, this can be a good opportunity for us to capitalize.

Convergence of IT and the network is overshadowing all technology in business. Expect more of this. The IT guys have direct support from sr mgmt. Now IT has the budget and control.

IT managers hate old technology phones (and CCTV, security, building automation, process control, the list goes on...). The traditional telcom equip vendors did not create meaningful IT partnerships that delivered.

IT mgmt will respond to Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, HP and/or Oracle coming out with solutions converged to the network with management and integration.

Worse yet, most customers will be buying their phones directly from CDW and the like very shortly. The traditional telcom dealers will either become cabling techs or PC/nework integrators (with a voice specialty, perhaps).

Macy Hallock - N8OBG - Medina, OH
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,723 Shoretel
189,766 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mansour, Carl Navarro), 87 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024