web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#525458 02/23/06 03:18 AM
We have specific requirements when it comes down to dealers. Our distributors (such as Alltel) have the same requirements as well. We're not looking for the small little one man shops to sell our product. We want reputable VAR's that have a team of tech's, understand VoIP, and do data networking as well. Its better for the End User in the long run if they end up doing business with a VAR with that profile, then it is for a real small guy.

We ask that dealers dont sell above MSRP, because its only ripping off the end user. Obviously we dont put strict guidelines on that, we only recommend it. We also have no control over dealers that put items in online stores or Ebay. The very few dealers who have put it on ebay though, havent had alot of luck selling it that way, so it will eventually get to the point where you wont see it anymore in places like that.

Yes, we have sold direct in the past. But that was when we first trying to get a dealer funnel set up and we didnt have dealers in specific areas. Now since we have done alot of marketing and we are starting to get dealers in different MSA's (Metropolitan/Micropolitan Statistical Areas), we wont ever have to sell direct again.

As stated before, we get a VERY large amount of end users contacting us on a daily basis looking to buy & see our system. We get the entire End User profile, and then pass it directly over to the dealer in their area. We then go on to support the dealer in every way to help them sell the unit (quotes, ROI's, tech/customer support, etc...)

You say we have a cool product now. Wait 3 weeks and you will see something that will absolutely put us at number one in the industry. Certain things have been leaked out already, as to what's being implied and the buzz on the street is that no other manufacturer will be able to compete with us, once this happens. If anyone goes to the VON Show in 3 weeks, you'll see for yourself. smile This is definitly going to be the year of Allworx, and any dealers that are signed on with us, will be extremely happy as well.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#525459 03/10/08 11:52 AM
Hellodirect.com is now selling the Allworx product line. Seems like Allworx is drifting on their commitment to the VAR channel. I don't understand how Allworx expects to have a satisfied end user when the product is not being installed by qualified and trained installers. Any systems that are sold without installation should still be sold by a VAR. That way the VAR (not the end user) can determine if the end user has sufficient knowledge to perform a proper install.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
#525460 03/11/08 05:25 AM
It is a bad idea for Allworx to sell through hellodirect, but I suppose they had to set up something with CompUSA going under. Their price is not really that good either since it is just the equipment and not install or shipping. Allworx is a great product, but it is NOT user installable unless you want the basic defaults.

This really does water down the Allworx commitment to their dealer base...thanks guys.

Steve

#525461 03/15/08 09:53 AM
Wow That's news to me..(Selling on Hello Direct) I just sent a tech to training on the Allworx system...I'll have to get a copy of Hello Direct and see what they are selling the product for...As far as the product goes...We have 3 sites VPN with the 24x and 6x and they are working well...

#525462 08/24/08 05:16 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
We were visited by Allworx recently.
Has any of the above changed for the better?
Thanks

#525463 08/24/08 11:31 AM
Allworx has pretty much eliminated direct sells over the Internet, especially those selling way below list price. If you go to Hello Direct i don't think you will find it; keeping in mind, even those that are purchased via the Internet are not intended for end user installation.

That said, Allworx still only fits into a certain niche, missing a lot of features traditional systems offer. The nice thing is they constantly release new software updates that address many of these issues, continually improving the product free of charge.

#525464 08/24/08 02:03 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally quoted by member 'Allworx":

You say we have a cool product now. Wait 3 weeks and you will see something that will absolutely put us at number one in the industry.
Yesterday marked exactly six months since this statement was made. I haven't seen that happen unless I missed something.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#525465 08/24/08 02:30 PM
Admin
Admin
Notice that after that Allworx post came the followup that the product was being sold by Hello Direct..2 weeks later.

Hope that wasn't the attempt to make them number one in the industry.

[Linked Image]
#525466 08/26/08 02:02 AM
I am an Allworx dealer, I picked them up before PAETEC bought them. Allworx b4 PAETEC did do better at protecting dealers but now when PAETEC is selling trunks how can you beat the manufacturer. Its a good system and NO does IP remote phones easier. It is not as feature rich but if a company wants a standard IP system without the bells and whistles PLUS this it is a good system. With that being said I am going to discontinue because I am a NEC dealer and the UX5000 tops it. Allworx is pricey under 20 handsets---but it is a good system

#525467 08/27/08 12:58 PM
Have you installed any UX5000's yet? I've seen the phones (just in a box, not live and working) and they look very interesting. Just curious as to how they work as I may try to come onboard with that product

St Petersburg
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,808 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024