web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hey all... new here! I'm NOT a Telrad guy, but an Avaya/Cisco tech. Just helping out a friend's business. They are swapping out their LAN, and want to assign static IPs to their 3015IP Stations. As well, I'm not sure if I need to (I assume I do) change IP address schemes within the servers. I'm not even sure of all the adjuncts/peripheal devices they are using, but they have host names of; TVMail TVse TVocoder TVrau (might not be in use) Looks like Voicemail is in a Dell server (box)... and I'm not sure of the other components. I'm assuming I need to bring my laptop and serial connector or RJ45 to get into these devices. ... aye ya ya! Any help is appreciated!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Welcome to the board. Wow, you don't ask for much to you? I think this is way above what we can do on this board. What you need to do is find the person that set it up, have them make the changes for you. Or buy some tech time from someone who is certified at doing this. There are many different areas you are going to have to change to get it working in a new scheme. Not saying you could'nt pull it off but you would save yourself alot of grief if you let someone thats been there do it.

TG
OP Offline
Lol... asking for much?! Of coarse!! I apologize for asking too much, as a newb to the forum. I know better. I've got some PDF files to get me closer to the changes I need to make... but, I came here first to ask "just in case" there's some caviots I have to worry about. I'm on the customer's site now, they're just replacing the network and they just got wireless up (hence me logging in). The Telrad PBX has a TVSE VoIP Server that I'll need to change the NET info in, as well as the phones (3015IP sets)...etc (I'm again, assuming as it would seem apparent). Understand, THIS specific system is all brand new to me. Yet, VoIP is not, nor are large PBXs like Avaya and Cisco Call Managers. And, I can read... but I thought I'd be able to lean on the gurus here on this site. Rather than mess something up! Also, the old tech that used to run this system... is no longer. So that's out of the question. The business here is full of smart engineers that never paid attention to what made their phones tick... so, I was called in as a favor as I knew one of the managers. Any help would surely be appreciate. A link to the tvse voip server pdf would be grateful! ;) (the only document I don't think I have)

PM Sent

TG
Administrator
Administrator
Johnny
You are going to need a bit of remote support if you cant find a local installer to assist you. You will need Telrad's programmer software EManager and a way to connect to the system to make changes. The IP phones have to each be changed with key strokes but you need to change the TVSe before you change the phones and you will need ECC codes for each phone. This is what Telrad uses as a password for the IP phones.

OP Offline
Thanks for the PM TelephoneGunner... we had gotten the IP info changed via Linux, and then were able to get into the TVSE and download a manual. So the IP was changed.

... as well as the other IP info we needed to confirm/change.

NOW, I didn't know this... but the 3015IP phones that are on site weren't working before I got here. NOW, I'm able to configure them and change the IP info. I've got them to register, and display correctly with Message Waiting working too. However, there is one large problem. .....

NO TALK PATH. LOL! I've dialed internally, and externally... I can't transmit or receive audio, handset or speakerphone. Could it simply be a QOS setting? ...no VLANs, just a flat network.

OP Offline
On the test station I've been working with (1212), I get the following error in the debug;

unable to set RTP stats CB [channel=0 0] [error=1]

There is a second lan connection to the TVSE for vocoder. It needs its own lan IP. This is for peer to non peer connections (i.e. a trunk). It also has to be part of your licensing, listed as vocoders. Need to make sure this is working before looking elsewhere.

TG
Vocoders are similar to VCM's in the Avaya.

TG
OP Offline
I'll check, thanks Gunner!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by telephonegunner
There is a second lan connection to the TVSE for vocoder. It needs its own lan IP. This is for peer to non peer connections (i.e. a trunk). It also has to be part of your licensing, listed as vocoders. Need to make sure this is working before looking elsewhere.

I don't see the ability to change the netmask of the vocoder, only the IP. Does the vocoder assume a class C or does it use the netmask of the TVSE? AND, does the mask need to be the same on the phones as the vocoder/TVSE?

I'm definitely NOT a network tech! UGH

It uses the netmask of the TVSE. And the mask in the phone should match the TVSE (not the vocoder)as well. Use the configuration page on the (I.E.) TVSE login as I explained in the PM message.
The physical connection for the vocoder is on the TVSE card as well.

TG
OP Offline
Looks like a restart of the network services might have done the trick (brought up audio on the phones). As all the network info was double checked, and checked okay.

Glad to hear it.

TG
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,985 CTX100 install
188,103 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024