web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hey all, I am trying to add ext. to my 1224. put 3 new cards in and did some programing. Got all my new extentions programed and got the VM working. I can intercom (correct display name and ext. ## shows on other end) I can page through the system. I can see busy lines and lines on hold. I cannot get an outside line. Can't pick up a call on hold. Nothing external to the co's. All internal stuff is fine. PLEASE HELP!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have to give the extensions Answer Access, Dial Out Access, and Ring In Access for each line. On the Premier 1224 you can do it under station programming or line programming.

From the Database Programming option you can use the shortcut /line or /stn

I think under station programming as you scroll through the programming, a default answer is "N" You have to select "Y" to look at those options.

OP Offline
I have given them access but I don't want them to ring. (my others don't we have a paging system) Anyway Day and Night and answer Not sure where dial out is? Also I will try the shortcuts and look for the y-n thing. Probably this weekend.

RCA Offline
There is a copy function in station/dss programming, use that to copy from a station that you want the new phones to work like.

Rhett
OP Offline
Yes I tried the copy function. Still No dial tone. Is there something on a hardware level I should look at? I tried pluggin my 25 pair on my new ext. into one of my working station cards and they work fine so my wiring is correct. Is there a self destruct command? smile

Actually there is a self destruct command, but let's not go there just yet :>)

There could be a problem with the port or back plane in your cabinet. There is a command, and I'm sorry I'm drawing a blank on it right now that will test all the ports and cards. I just tried to log into a cabinet out in East Texas to look at the commands but can't get into the system right now. Apparently their Internet is down.

Maybe RCA or DnR will see this and be able to remember the command.

OP Offline
You know I think there is something on the base menu about self test?

RCA Offline
Sound Guy, List all the cards you currently have in your system. This is a 1224 right, not a 2448?

I am a little confused on the problem. Is this a working system and all you did was add some new extensions? I read the whole post, just want to double check.

I dont get to play with these that often anymore but i am sure one of here will get your system going.

Rhett
OK, once I woke up I remembered the command.

From the Database Programming screen type the command:

/srep

Then you will need to list the stations:

1.1-10.6 or since your cabinet is smaller just type:

all

It will then test the cards. That will take some time so before doing that, let's try some basic troubleshooting.

You said you swapped the 25 pin connectors (tails) and your wiring was good. Let's try frogging the cards. Kill power to the cabinet, then swap the cards and see if the new card will work in the old card's slot.

Also, (and please don't take offense to this question) but are you sure you're working with a 1224 and not a 2460? If so you would have to have an options card to utilize cards in the other side of the cabinet.

OP Offline
No offense. How can I be sure?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,550 CTX100 install
187,804 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024