web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi... I'm kind of not a phone guy. More of a network guy... that said, our office has an Intertel Axxess PBX (version 5.346). The cards we do have, read as follows from left to right:

Power Supply 550.0121
DKSC16+
DKSC16+
SLC16
LSCD
T1/E1
OPC
EVMC
CPU64 (550.2014 AP) (17C5V0132836)

From the limited reserach I've done, I believe what we need in order to get Caller ID is a PAL chip for our existing TI/E1 card. Possibly, part #827.8877.

If I'm right... well, can someone confirm that I am right and then send me some type of instruction on how to get the part installed and configured. Installation is probably pretty straight forward, but I'm not sure what I'd need to do on the configuration end. Thanks in advance for any assistance! If anyone knows where to get the part cheaply, that would also be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have to go into programming on the options card in DB Studio (the programming software) and enable Caller ID.

I'm not in front of a terminal right now but if you're not able to find it post back and I'll try to give you step by step instructions.

OP Offline
MacGyver, thanks for the reply. Are your instructions for after installing the PAL or are you suggesting that I don't necessarily need the PAL?

I'm sorry. Are you saying there is no PAL chip at all on your board? Also, do you have a manual to help you?

If the T-1 you are using on the PBX is non-ISDN, then you can contact your service provider and put in an order to change the T-1 start type to *ANI*DNIS*. You will need to change each trunk on the T-1 to this start type at the time of the change for this to work. This will give you caller ID number only.

If you want caller number and name, you will have to get the PRI pal chip you mentioned in your post, 827.8877, and put in an order w/ the service provider to change your circuit to ISDN. This should probably be done w/ vendor support.

If your incoming calls are arriving via the LSC you have listed, then you just go into programming and change each trunks' service type to "Caller ID". Of course, the trunks themselves need to be sending CID for this to work.

OP Offline
Wow. Thanks for all that info. That is extremely helpful.

My understanding is that we don't have the PAL chip, but I'd probably have to pull the T-1 card and actually take a look to be sure. Is there any other way to ck?

Through our first provider we had number only caller ID, but we changed providers a while back from a company called Eschelon to Cbeyond and I think you may be right about their T-1 start type. They must differ. Where would I see how this is set on our end?

You would look in programming first at System>Cabinets. The T-1 card type should read 'T1 Card'. You can't have the PAL chip installed on a T-1 card and have that card be anything but an ISDN card, and the card will read 'T1 Primary Rate Interface Card' if it is ISDN. Double-click on the T-1 card, double-click on 'Circuits', then double-click on the first circuit. This will pop you over to the circuit attributes. If you look at the 'Service Type', this is where you would change to *ANI*DNIS*. DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL THE PROVIDER IS READY! If Cbeyond cannot help you w/ this PBX change, then Eschelon can.

OP Offline
Okay, it says T-1 card. So, no PAL... like we thought. When I click on circuits under T-1 and get switched over, the service type is just DNIS, not ANI DNIS. The start type is "wink".

If that's all I need to do to get "number only" caller ID, then I can certainly make the change in conjunction with Cbeyond.

Getting Cbeyond to understand any of this is a horse of a different color.

OP Offline
Based on our discussion so far, should I know or care what the Loop Start Card is doing?

I put in a request with Cbeyond to go over what they're broadcasting....if and when I get a tech. that understands what we're trying to do, hopefully I'll finally get Caller ID functioning. If not, I'll post back. Thanks!

That statement about yer provider is more right than you might think. Provider's quite often have no idea what *ANI*DNIS* is, let alone how to make it work. Good luck.

I would look in programming at what the Loop trunks' extensions are then dial each extension and if you get dial tone, call yer cell fone and ID that trunk. If there is no trunk connected to a loop circuit, the display on the fone will read "(Trunk Group Name) Is Unplugged". If any of the trunks are not in a trunk group, the diplay will read "Outgoing Access Denied". You could also look at the blocks the PBX is connected to to determine if circuits are connected to that card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,072 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, nortelvoip, Toner), 115 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024