Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Quote:
And the whole reason they asked me as opposed to the original installers was because they didn't like the way they did business.

Quality and professionalism does come with a price. smile

Last edited by mdaniel; 12/02/12 08:52 PM.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
So you are getting a bad taste in your mouth because Avaya wont talk to you, because you are not authorized?

What would Cisco, or Mitel do?
They would refer you to an authorized partner. Then it is up to you to interview that partner, to see that they will fulfill your needs. Dont pick the cheapest, get references etc....

I have a feeling that the BPs you contacted don't want to deal with a middle man. They will do the sales and the installation. So you really don't need to concern yourself with what is needed. Your customer just needs to tell them what they want. This leads me to believe that you want to be involved with this installation somehow and that's what's pissing the BPs off.

I also think that the reason your customer was unsatisfied with their original installer was because they don't want to pay the price. Just a hunch.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 12/02/12 11:25 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I'm a telecom consultant. I deal in knowledge. I don't even resell. Just my 2 cents but do you really need Ford Motor Company when you want to change your rims?

All the more reason why I don't understand why the customer needs you? Besides, your activity here leads me to believe that you do a bit more than consulting.

True enough about going to Ford to change tire rims but this isn't Ford nor is it a good anology. Those competant to represent Avaya products are certainly not in the same league with people who work on cars.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Oh yeah, I do a whole lot more in IT and telecom. Consutling is just one small aspect. I'm probably the oldest cable dragger in the country and I sometimes bartend and work as a chef. I'll work until I drop dead. Anyay, this *potential* customer just wants a straight shooter who they trust. Apparently, they have had bad experiences. Am I supposed to say no thanks? No offense to anyone here, but my experience with the "league of Avaya techs" has ben pretty dismal. C'mon Hal, one installer told a client they could not do overhead paging with Basic and had to upgrade. A call to me, PA-2A later, 1 bullhorn and an hour labor they are happily overhead paging. As long as I *can* do the work, I see no reason why I *should not* do the work.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
So to put this to rest, see my previous post that explains what is needed. There might be a caveat, as you could "probably" get away with 1 digital trunk for mobile twinning, to get the disconnect. call comes in on analog, and twins out through the digital (SIP for instance) trunk.

Whatever has been told to you in the past doesn't matter, as what I am telling you is the way it is.

Originally Posted by mongo5150
GO into the mobility tab and check the box, then input the phone number. Remember that the phone number must include the dial out code (9?) as well.

IF you are on GA 8.1, and you have the tick box in mobility greyed out, download the new Admin 8.1.56, as there was a bug in Manager through beta, but is fixed in the maint load that came yesterday.

With no licensing this is the way it is. Ther is a free One X Mobile ESSENTIAL app, for Android and Blackberry. It is basically a DTMF dialer, nothing with the data side of the one x portal. Anything with the name Preferred (aka One-X Mobile Preferred) requires One-x portal and the APP needs a license (Mobile Worker or Power User).

PS.... I just watched the video. The video was produced in 2010, when mobile twinning required a license. With release 8 in 2011, mobile twinning was free for everyone on Essential Edition or above. So, again, the customer should talk to a current partner that knows the current software feature set....

Last edited by mongo5150; 12/03/12 10:45 AM.
OP Offline
Thanks Mongo - that was all the info I needed. My last exposure to twinning was around that time and I did recall needing licenses. The digital circuit is already in place so no worries there.

Admin
Admin
"Whatever has been told to you in the past doesn't matter, as what I am telling you is the way it is."

I am soooo stealing that line! smile

[Linked Image]
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
"Whatever has been told to you in the past doesn't matter, as what I am telling you is the way it is."

I am soooo stealing that line! smile

Me too , its a classic problem is the type of person you need to use it on wont believe you no matter what

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,492 CTX100 install
187,714 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 102 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024