web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a TA624 unit with the KX-TA62493 caller ID option. 3x8 second extension & CO card and doorphone/opener cards. I have taken it out of service set aside while we use a newer DECT 6 cell-2-bluetooth single line unit that I hate. Well I need to go to 2 lines soon and I miss the doorphones, hands free intercom, TVS50 answering machine, etc of it. I also have a music on hold box with it.

ANYWAY one thing that bugs me is the caller ID part. I thought it was a limitation of the CID card but I noticed a post somewhere that someone had CID on a TA824 with one line display phones and one person mentioned using the # key while it's on hook and ringing to toggle back and forth and another said to get KX-T7735 or KX-T7736 phones as they are multiline (as far as display) and would show name AND number at the same time rather than name OR number. Is this the same on the TA624 PBX Caller ID card? I ask because I think I remember having to select either name or number in the setup (system has been disconnected for about 9 months now).

I would like to keep my TA624 and TVS50, put it on an new backboard but maybe get phones with multiple line displays, or be able to flip-flop/toggle name to number and back with a keypad touch. I would rather be able to toggle right now then slowly pick up phones capable of name AND number and then sell my present one line units as I replace them, if the CID card will send both name and number data from the TA624.

Essentially I know about cabling this stuff and can do setups and all but the only real phone I mess with (PBX/KEY wise) is my own. I leave the other things to people that have been doing this for some time and pick their brains when I need to know something. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Oh before it slips my mind. I assume I can use plain non-proprietary phones in the system too? Does the CID display on those or does it only come down the 2 data wires of the 4 on each extension?

Last edited by Russ Blakeman; 08/19/13 05:21 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I just found a PDF file for the KX-TA62493 CID module - I didn't know there was a separate set for the card itself. It deals with the T7130 specifically which is a one line display phone. I suppose that using the 7735 display phone would alleviate this and show all the info at once? Still curious about a standard single line anaklog POTS phone with CID if it will display or not but I may set the old girl up on a test board and mess with it and see what I come up with. I did see mention of a cordless phone with multiple line display that would work with the TA624 as well, anyone know which models?

OP Offline
Also will the T74xx phone series work with the TA624?

OP Offline
Nevermind I was emailed that the 72xx, 74xx and 76xx series phones will not work with the TA624.

OP Offline
I was able to get a T7735 with 3 line display so once it arrives I can test to see if I get the name/number at the same time.

One thing I am curious of, can all the extensions ring at the same time if I either disable hunt groups, or assign all as one group? I know that was a problem before with one phone ringing then another and I never quite figured that out but I will this time.

All extensions can ring initially, but only before the Auto/att picks up. Once that happens you can only transfer to a specific extension, no options for a group of phones to ring.

Unless you loop a slt port into a Co port.

There is a CID cheat sheet floating around the boards somewhere. Does anyone have it to email him?. Make sure that nothing picks up before the second ring as CID data is sent between the first and second ring. What version of 624 do you have?

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
OP Offline
I think Jerry/Brokeda sent me the cheat sheet a week ago. Not sure of the version, the label says KX-TA624 with a 5 in a circle but not sure the internal board is original as I didn't buy it new so I can only assume. IC101 the EPROM shows the code Y591 31029 so I need that decoded to tell me if it's a dash 5 or what. I emailed Jerry as well with the info so I should get an answer here or by email or both. Got the 7735 yesterday and the backlight works but when a call comes in it shows CID name on line 1 and CO# and time on line 3 of the display and nothing on the second line of the display but as I mentioned to Jerry in email it still has settings from when I deinstalled it a year ago (holding time and date nicely too) so I should do a factory reset and start reprogramming it and see if that works, unless someone tells me my EPROM is a pre dash 4 one.

I hate being such a "noob" here but after mucking with it last year then finding out it does more than I thought I really need to ask things for a little while.

Last edited by Russ Blakeman; 08/26/13 01:55 PM.
OP Offline
Picked up 2 T7735 phones so all I need to know at this point is - the Y591 firmware, is it "dash 5" firmware?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy, Professor Shadow, Carl Navarro), 164 guests, and 400 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024