web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RCA Offline
Nothing yet. My email is probably slow, again. Im sending you my email via PM (private message) through the board.

Rhett
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Shane,
I'm sure you were planning to anyway, but let us know how things work out.
You should have that KSU by Tuesday at the latest.

OP Offline
E-Mail address sent (again) to RCA's slow E-Mail account... smile

Putting the magic blue smoke back into equipment since 1993.
OP Offline
I've gone a whole day now without errors on STN 1.5 after moving it to STN 2.1. That would appear to point to either a bad connection on those pairs of the 66 block or a bad port on the CPU board.

The spontaneous MINOR RESET problem continues. Can't wait to install the KSU from Barster...Will definitely post here when I go several days with no data errors and no spontaneous MINOR RESET.

Thanks again to everyone for their help,
--Shane

It sounds like this issue may be resolved without replacing the system, but in case you are still considering a new system, you might consider the NEC/DSX. I'd be surprised if there isn't an NEC dealer in your area...

OP Offline
Just a quick update...

I installed the KSU Barster sent. Initially, it kept giving an "address error" when I would attempt to restore my database to it. I noticed that the ROMs on the memory board were a different part number from the ones in my system. I swapped the ROMs on the memory board between systems and was then successfully able to restore my database. I am running advanced software. Could the ones I pulled maybe have been basic or intermediate software? I could not find any info on the part numbers on the chips.

So far it has been running all night and into the morning without a single error. Yay!

Other things that I did (just in case):

Swapped power supplies
Installed a voltage regulator on the AC input to the power supply (we have some serious sags and surges)

It looks I might have this problem licked once and for all (until this hardware dies anyway)...

--Shane

Hey Shane,

I'm glad that got you going. That ksu I sent you has Auto-Attendant, which is only available with Advanced software.

OP Offline
Wierd...Maybe it was a different version of software? Mine had auto-attendant as well but I used the AVT voicemail PC as an auto attendant.

Any idea how I could decode the part numbers on the ROM chips?

Still no errors... (fingers crossed)

--Shane

"Any idea how I could decode the part numbers on the ROM chips?"

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. The Intertel part number for the ROMs is normally printed on an adhesive label on each ROM. Also, that part number is seen when you first hit ENTER during a programming session.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
OP Offline
Tony, what I was looking for was to determine what the difference in the two ROM part numbers was. I already know the numbers, I was just wondering what the descriptions of the part numbers were.

The ones in my system (which I swapped over to the KSU that was sent to me) are P/N 827.8139-2. The ones that I took out of the KSU sent to me were P/N 827.6020. Not a huge deal, I was just curious what the difference was.

FYI, the system is still working flawlessly after the KSU and power supply replacement, as well as installing a power regulator in front of the power supply.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,652 Shoretel
189,543 CTX100 install
187,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024