web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline

We had a power outage this weekend and now the voicemail isn't working on our Comdial system (DX-80).

I know nothing about this so please excuse my ignorance. All lights are on, I reset the DX-80 and still nothing. The red power light is flashing (can't remember if that is normal or not).

Attempting to access stored voicemail message is unsuccessful--it just keeps ringing and ringing. If someone calls to attempt leave a voicemail there is no option to do so (keeps ringing).

This system is approximately 9 years old and I have no idea who installed it. Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Listen for the voice mail beeps when powering up. Is this a Compact Flash or hard drive model? Report both answers back and we'll see where to go from there. I have both models available if it is determined it has give up the ghost.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply.

It appears to be a flash model, not a hard drive. There is a CF card attached to the card slot.

When powering up, I hear do hear beeps: 1 strong beep, then 2 sets of 3 chirps, then 4 weaker sounding beeps. There are LEDs lit up on each of the boards if that helps at all.

Admin
Admin
The only board that matters is the small half board that the Compact Flash card is plugged into. The rest is the phone system and runs independently.

If it does not answer when press the vmail key then the CF card is probably trashed.

I have CF cards, full voice mails and tech support available if you decide to try to repair it on your own since you apparently don't have a service vendor.

Send me a private message if you wish to pursue further.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,319 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 105 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024