Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#566012 02/09/14 07:58 PM
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

I may have placed this is the NEC forum thinking it was a NEC system........Wrong. banghead I now think the phone system is a Nitsuko-Tie but do not know the exact model. Thanks for any assist that can be provide.
===========================================================
It seems I am getting more involved with a customer's phone system lately. Maybe more than I need but somedays it is hard to say no. I believe it is a NEC but do not know the model but it uses DX2NA-12CTXH phone sets.

He is having an issue with the handset volume in that everytime he takes a call it seems that he needs to increase the volume. It seems like after every call the phone goes back to a lower default setting.

Is that possible?? And is there a program setting that will either turn this function off or at least increase the default volume to a higher setting??

Sorry I do not know the the model of the system, hoping that someone will know based on the extension phone model.

Thanks in advance for any assist.

Les

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
all phones or just one ?

all lines or only certain lines ?

how is dial-tone being delivered ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by skip555
all phones or just one ?

all lines or only certain lines ?

how is dial-tone being delivered ?

Skip,

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions see below.

Mainly just two phones at the counter that get used the most, do not know if it happens on others at this time.

Happens on Line 1 and/or Line 2 Only have 2 CO lines on system.

By "being delivered" I assume you are asking if POTS line or other. Presently it is on a POTS line. Soon to be changed to Comcast VoIP. Not sure that would make any difference.

Thanks,

Les

So to clarify, you have 2 lines on the system that are POTS lines.

This is happening on 2 phones, but maybe more phones.

The phones you site: can go on 2 different systems; assuming it is the older system, has this been happening ever since it was installed 15+ years ago, or is this something that just started happening?

In the older system the volume level is retained from call to call, there is no option.
In the newer system there is an option to to have the volume revert back to a default level after every call. This option is assigned in programming, as are the default levels.

There may be a gain issue as well.
I had an IT guy try and hook up a DSL circuit once, and completely wiped out all of the voice traffic on the line. Only after I re-terminated things the right way and removed the cross connect made by a cannibalized patchcord was I able to get the volume level back to a proper level.

So to answer your questions, yes this is possible, and yes there are settings to change the default values

Last edited by BillFlippen; 02/10/14 06:19 PM.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill,

Ok, so now that it is possible depending on the model, I need to determine the actual model number of this system.

I will do that and report back.

Thanks for the insight.

Les

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill,

Officially the system is a DX2NA-24 that is installed. So is this the one that can be adjusted in programming?? If yes, would you give me a hint of what is involved to fix.

System has been in for a number of years 12+ maybe.

As for "has it been doing since installed or just started", I can't say. I think that someone asked for feedback on any situation on the phones and one or two mentioned this issue. If I were to guess it was the new guy on the counter that brought it up.

Personally, I would like to help them upgrade the system to a new model but that may take a while.

Anyhow thanks for any assist.

Les

Originally Posted by BillFlippen
In the older system the volume level is retained from call to call, there is no option.
In the newer system there is an option to to have the volume revert back to a default level after every call. This option is assigned in programming, as are the default levels.

You have the older system

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill,

Thanks for the input. Having the "older system" says that is should hold the volume setting from call to call.

And since this is not programable, then do you have an idea as to what would be causing the observed condition??

Is it the user imagination?? Or is it possible the system had a revision upgrade that would make this system do what it is doing??

To verify that it really is doing it, I would have to be there and put my ear to the phone call and see what happens. I may have a chance to do that later today and will report back.

Thanks,

Les

Last edited by ABLE1; 02/14/14 02:14 PM.
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill,

Ok, I was on site today and did some testing on the phones. And yes, when the hook switch is closed and opened the sound level does return to some default setting. However it only does this on the handset not on speaker phone. On speaker phone it returns to the previous setting.

I found some papers with some short cuts for the phones and it is listed and that this is the case.

I am a bit confused since looking at the system in says it is a NEC 28i with the model number DX2NA-24. It has both NEC and Nitsuko phones installed. Both model phones do the same thing.

Again I ask, could it be that this system has been upgraded??

Assuming that it is OR somehow it is the newer model in a old case what would be the commands that would be used to change the setting of some sort.

Any input would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Les

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,080 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 126 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024