Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
I have heard rumors. Anything concrete?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Havent heard any such thing. The Axxess serves the medium to large business market and there isnt anything in the works to replace it. In fact there are several major enhancements in the works for release in 07'

I haven't heard anything either.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
What are the rumored enhancements for the Axxess in 2k7?

Also the 7000 can grow to 2500 ports- 2.5x the size of an ATM Axxess.

They may discontinue it in...oh...maybe the next 10 years or so...

jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
What changes does Mr. Mihaylo want to make? Well, his January 19th letter outlined nine major changes:

Consider reducing the size of Inter-Tel's Board from 11 to 10 members, with the Board consisting of (a) the Chief Executive Officer, (b) Dr. Puri, Mr. Urish and me, (c) three other existing outside members of the Board, and (d) three new independent directors mutually acceptable to the Board and me.

Alternatively, in order to save costs and facilitate the scheduling of Board meetings, I would be amenable to a 7 member Board, consisting of (a) the Chief Executive Officer, (b) Dr. Puri, Mr. Urish and me, and (c) three new independent directors mutually acceptable to the Board and me.

Retain a financial advisor to advise the Board on the feasibility and financial impact of a Dutch-auction self tender offer to repurchase between $200 million and $250 million of the Company's common stock.

Disband the Special Committee, thereby eliminating all of the costs associated therewith.
Direct management to (a) undertake an intensive cost-benefit analysis of

(i) discontinuing product development on the Axxess

and (ii) redirecting the engineering effort to "gateway" products and "hosted services" offerings, including the necessary billing platform for hosted services, and (

b) report the results of that analysis to the Board. I believe these actions will produce significant cost savings and provide significant sales opportunities.

Consolidate the Company's multiple engineering facilities into the Chandler location. This will reduce overhead and improve productivity, while encouraging new and better ways to speed up product development.

Explore the sale of the Company's Irish subsidiary, unless its performance significantly improves within a set period of time. This would enable management to concentrate on more profitable opportunities, as well as raise additional cash to offset the costs of the self tender offer.

Explore ways to better utilize the Company’s 15 acre campus in Reno.

Undertake an evaluation of the recommendations in the consulting report that the Mihaylo/Vector Group provided to Inter-Tel as a result of the Settlement Agreement executed in May 2006.
Defer implementation of the proposed by-law amendments until the foregoing issues are actively considered.

I just spoke to our Intertel rep and to a few Intertel people and they say that the Axxess line is not being discontinued yet, of course some day it probably will. Intertel is currently working on integrating it with the 7000 system via a SIP networking module and they are also releasing software that will bump the node capacity to 99.

jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
how many nodes can the Axxess network now?

63...20,000 devices. I heard two years ago that 10.x was the end of the line for Axxess....

Eric Lutz
www.md-com.com
Voice * Data * Video
Boston, MA
508-821-1800
I don't see this happening quite yet. The only other traditional switch they would have to offer would be the Encore CX, which can't possibly replace the Axxes. IP is growing, but it just isn't time yet to be all IP.

99 nodes!!!! That's a big system!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,854
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,662 Shoretel
189,568 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024