web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The 5000 system is a perfect upgrade for the majority of Inter-tel customers out there. As of version 2.5 they will be doubling the digital ports from 96 to 192. The larger customers actually fit better in a Mitel 3300 with the redundant controllers and resilency. The plan is to put the Axxess cabinets on the 3300 controller and as far is I know that is still on the roadmap. We were lucky because our company had been doing Mitel for 25 years and Inter-tel for about 10 but as I see it so far it has been a perfect fit of both needs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
Upgrading to the Mitel 5000 is a nice move if your company is booming or there is a real need. Your average customer will not tolerate a vendor forcing a VoIP product on them. Currently there are over 200 Inter-Tel items on ebay- coupled with wholesalers- there is an endless supply of Axxess out there.

Will the Mitel systems communicate with the Inter-Tel? We have an Axxess and two 5200s. Eventually we'll have to replace the Axxess. I know the InterTel stuff doesn't support SIC, so they won't communicate with other manufacturers.

jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
The Inter-tel 5000 is not the Mitel 5000. Mitel just released v2.4 that integrates Mitel 5xxx series IP phones. As you know the digital and ip Inter-Tel will migrate to the 5000.

Did you mean SIP? Inter-Tel does support it with a SIP server.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
A single Inter-Tel 5600 won't replace the system we currently use. We'd like to avoid having to buy two Inter-Tel switches to replace the Axxess we already own. Mitel had said they were working on having their switches communicate with the Inter-Tel switches. That's a far cry from being able to use different endpoints.

I was told the protocol was SIC that allowed the transfer of information from different manufacturers of PBXs. I may have been told wrong.

Does anyone use Inter-tel direct to support them? We have basic support with them and they are pushing a 'total solution' now where essentially they own it and do all maintenance. It is expensive. We have techs on site that handle adds/moves/changes, but I am concerned about catastrophic outage really. Is it really worth paying that high price due to fear though? I am curious if anyone is using their direct support at all.

QSIG is probably what they were talking about dflesch. I am so disappointed in Inter-Tel I can barely stand it. I say that as dealer support is in the basement now compared to what it was before the Inter-Tel sell out to Mitel. I do mean sell out too, lame IMO. No offense to the Mitel dealers but there are alot of traditional Inter-tel dealers bailing, the one I work for included. Sad. I am not impressed with Mitel products in any way. Inter-Tel should have stayed the course, continued with the 7000, 5000 and Axxess for awhile. The 7000 smoked the pants off of anything that I have ever seen application and feature wise. Bitter, you bet.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
Hey Chris...PM sent

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
jmarc Offline OP
OP Offline
Are the Model 8622 and 8662 IP sets on their way out as well?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,848
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,658 Shoretel
189,554 CTX100 install
187,812 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024