web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
FROM Rcaman

Ask AT&T if that router will provide a QOS report. If it can not, ask them to provide a QOS report from their hub.

The QOS report (Quality Of Service) is a report that shows how long the link was established, when it went down and for what reason. Usually, when AT&T switches to static addressing, they also switch out the router and everything starts to work OK. I have run into a few AT&T Uverse problems that ended up being a bad module in a SLiC 96 in a concentrator. Who actually is responsible for the local connection? If you have a LEC involved, you may need to have the circuit verified by the LEC first.

Rcaman

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

FROM DDavlin

I am a farm and ranch appraiser, so I am a bit behind on my technical terminology. Not sure what a LEC is or what a SLiC 96 is..
As for "who is responsible for the local connection?" I have to assumed that it is AT&T. Every time they send someone out (which has been about five times now) it is always an AT&T guy.

I will try to get with them and get them to do a QOS report. They did not replace my router. It is the same one that we have had all along.

I called in earlier after we got the static IPs and they guy changed some settings as far as the IP allocation of the port that the phone is on. He changed it to "DHCP" but I was thinking it needed to be on "Fixed Allocation" instead of DHCP.

Again, the phone works some times. Other times it just says "connecting to remote host". or "disconnecting / reconnecting".

I am thinking that there is some sort of firewall setting that is not right or something to do with IP Passthrough or packet filtering... Something just isn't lining up right.

From Rcaman

LEC is Local Exchange Carrier. Could be AT&T or Verizon or South West Bell. Since you said you are on a farm, it's a very good bet you are served by a SLiC 96 or other form of high capacity line concentrator. The LEC uses these kinds of devices to put hundreds of lines and services on two pair of wires. This is commonly done in rural areas as the cost of installing fiber or more copper is prohibitive.

From what you are describing and now knowing you may be "out there" my opinion is that the service they are providing you is marginal at best. For the ESI remote phone to work consistently, you need at least a 512 Kb bandwidth service. That's not a "peak" bandwidth but a consistent bandwidth. Since the phone was working previously and just started failing after AT&T "upgraded" you, have AT&T go back in their records and find out what level of service they were providing you and ask them for the equal or better with Uverse. This may be something as simple as provisioning the AT&T router for more bandwidth for the ESI circuit.

Rcaman

From DDavlin

Okay,
I was on the phone with a tech yesterday that made some changes, the phone worked for a couple hours at idle, but when my wife started making calls, it disconnected again. Same issue.

I said I am a farm and ranch appraiser, but I don't live on a farm. I am in a smaller town south of Dallas, TX. It may be what you are talking about with being in a more rural area.

I will keep you posted. I really appreciate all of your input. Again, I will keep posting until we find a solution.

DDAVLIN

A tech from ATT said we are not in a SLiC 96. He said that is way outdated.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by DDavlin
FROM DDavlin

I called in earlier after we got the static IPs and they guy changed some settings as far as the IP allocation of the port that the phone is on. He changed it to "DHCP" but I was thinking it needed to be on "Fixed Allocation" instead of DHCP.

If it is using DHCP you don't have a static IP address.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
DDavlin, please stop posting PM conversations of you and someone from this board that is willing to try and help you for FREE.

Please remember that the public forums here are for user end questions and what you are asking for is installer questions.

Please contact your nearest ESI dealer for further assistance.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 158 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024