Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
There is a forum on the Nec NTAC website but it is like a ghost town.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ttech #558220 09/19/13 04:28 PM
Hi NEC group:

FYI there was a posting on NTAC dated march 21 2012 sort of answer your question.The SL1100 SMDR on default will try to print to a printer device.Not having a printer puts it into a buffer,and sends either a Major/Minor alarm as it can not dump its information. The post was acknowledge by Paul Matte/NEC.

I have a SL1100, Denton such as you do in the office .
What i done was i went into programming of "ALL" Alarms and
the defaulted ones and removed them from programming.
This is not good Installation practice, but for me i do not
get those stupid alarms.

I was originally involved in trying to get NEC to do something about the Audio coming out of the speaker of a Sl1100 telephone. They did add program to manual set the Trunk setting on analog trunk. This did not in my option change the condition as observed by Delton and me.
I believe it points to Hardware/Firmware issue in the telephone itself.As of this date it has not changed and is still exist and in my book it is not right.
They said they took it to Engineering and scoped the Audio
and said the DSP was perfect and within audio bandwidth frequency.My ears says "NO" it is to me Not acceptable.
Realize this product comes from CHINA, not THAILAND.

"The End "(The DOORS)

-TJ-
STS E #558258 09/20/13 10:49 AM
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by STS E
Hi NEC group:

I was originally involved in trying to get NEC to do something about the Audio coming out of the speaker of a Sl1100 telephone. They did add program to manual set the Trunk setting on analog trunk. This did not in my option change the condition as observed by Delton and me.
I believe it points to Hardware/Firmware issue in the telephone itself.As of this date it has not changed and is still exist and in my book it is not right.
They said they took it to Engineering and scoped the Audio
and said the DSP was perfect and within audio bandwidth frequency.My ears says "NO" it is to me Not acceptable.
Realize this product comes from CHINA, not THAILAND.

"The End "(The DOORS)
We're taking a serious look at the iPecs systems primarily because of the audio issue. The SL1100's audio reminds me of back in the old days when lines would have sort of an echo because there were load coils tapped somewhere on them or unbalanced STC couplers. I set the lines under 90-68-01 which didn't fix it so NTAC gave me the programming code (I forget it, anybody remember what it is?) to actually get into the phone set itself and make changes yet the phones still don't "sound" right.

To me the system seems like a step back from the simplicity and user friendliness of the DSX. In my opinion the DSX is one of the best lower priced systems I've ever seen since I started in interconnect in '78. I've been told sales are still increasing in the double digits for the DSX but apparently that isn't good enough.

I think the SL1100 was meant to be a SV8100 "lite", meaning you have many of the features of the 8100 only on a limited scale such as networking and centralized voice mail. That's fine since I deal with mostly small clients anyway. While I have yet to experience these audio issues myself, I know of another tech who has. I would hope NEC would be a little more proactive looking into this.
And don't get me going on this "made in China" thing. My blood pressure goes up and veins start popping out of my forehead:(

St Petersburg
I my opinion the handsfree audio of the SL1100 sets has always been the pits.
The link below we got from NEC-A that does improve it a bit..
We wanted NEC-J to allow the DT300 series to be used on the SL1100 as they were on the evaluation units but the the Japs said no..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...inals_Speaker_Phone_Audio_Adjustment.pdf

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
paulw #558393 09/23/13 01:13 PM
Deltron Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by paulw
I my opinion the handsfree audio of the SL1100 sets has always been the pits.
The link below we got from NEC-A that does improve it a bit..
We wanted NEC-J to allow the DT300 series to be used on the SL1100 as they were on the evaluation units but the the Japs said no..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...inals_Speaker_Phone_Audio_Adjustment.pdf
The SV8xxx dealers wouldn't like that. Vodavi used to play these games too. The system would be more palatable with some other station set options. In demos our customers 100% picked DSX over the SL sets.

Bringing this one up again. I am setting up a new SL1100 in the shop. Getting an error with run light blinking 3 times with a short pause, and the D2 light on constantly. This is not documented in the list of errors in the manual...... I have just upgraded software to 4.0 - and tried several times to clear it using PGM 90-53. Doesn't seem to be any issues with the system, but I would rather not see this.

Any ideas?

Did you default the switch after the upgrade?? I have found that the SL1100 a bit flackey sometimes after upgrading the software and have to default and reload again..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
No, I haven't done that. The error was there prior to upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0, figured the upgrade might fix it......no luck. I will try defaulting the unit and reloading -

I suppose I could always put a piece of tape over the LED - works great for the Service Engine Soon light on my truck.... cool

Defaulted the switch - still shows this error indication, which is not given in the documentation.

Oh well - it seems to be working fine......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,056 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 78 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024