web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I had to replace a hard drive on a BCM 400 4.0.upon arrival the Telephony portion of the system was intact it was just the voice mail portion that was down and I could not get into the programming thru either of the 2 LAN ports only thru Tel set

The customer had a two hard drives in the current system but I only brought out one (new customer)

I wasn't sure which hard drive was the primary and which was the slave (my bad should of looked into this ) so I put the new hard drive in the slave position and it did work for a while

The phones came up with all programming the voice mail was still not up and then the phone rebooted and came up default and the voice mail came up but with no data base and the system was beeping every 8 seconds or so

So I thought that if I restored the programming from the customers monthly back up that would be ok

but it only backed up the voice mail portion of the system the phones were still defaulted

and we still cant get properly connect to either LAN port
e get connect but it gives an error message

I know I probably screwed up but I just want to know if it was just by putting the hard drive in the wrong location

The Nortel BCM has been installed for about 10 to 15 years it was originally 3.7 but was upgraded at some point to 4.0

Then I put the hard drive into the primary slot and the beeping stopped the voice mail was working but the phone data base was gone

why would the phone data base be on the back up

They also had an expansion cabinet which I had turned on after the phone came up

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated for the future

JD

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Nobody chipped in for 5 days, so I will give you something.

I don't know your system config, but most likely you had a RAID system. You need to know which drive was bad before replacing either drive and the right way to do so. If you took out the good drive and put in the new in the slave and the primary was bad, all the bad copied to the new.
There is a special procedure to follow to repair a RAID system.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,811
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (jeffmoss26, Toner), 130 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024