Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Derrick, Thanks again.

Will try that first. There is an initialize function in the hyperterminal VM screen. I assume that is the one.

There is also a reset button on the VM card, do you know if that dies the same thing?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Derrick, one other thing now that I am grasping at straws:

This KSU was moved when they moved their office. I set it up at the old place and here also but I didn't move the equipment. When I opened the case they had stored the power cord in the KSU in the compartment under the card slots. Since someone had opened the case I have scoured it carefully and notice the switch on the PMU (at the upper end of the power supply area) is in the off position. Do you know if that is normal?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Did you double check to make sure all of the voice-mail extensions are set up in Flash 65 for VM Group 1? Button 12. See what extensions are in there, and then dial each extension from a phone and see if the VM answers.

Maybe I'm way off here but why aren't you using 450 as your voice mail hunt group. The way I look at it is that 450 handles outside line calls & 440 handles voice mail stations. Put the voice mail ports in the 450 group, change the ringing assignment some & let her go.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Dave, the problem as I understand it is that when dialing 440 the voice mail does not respond at all when it should be asking for a password.

The reset button on the voice mail does not reinitialize it, it reboots it. By all means try that button, it will not make anything worse happen. I thought you had tried that already. There is also a reset button on the XTSc motherboard as well. However I fee sure if the programming of the phone system is correct, then this is a voice mail card issue...the flash vm is known to act flaky at times.

Switch 8 on the bank of 8 dips should be off. The battery switch should be on.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/03/14 05:53 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you double check to make sure all of the voice-mail extensions are set up in Flash 65 for VM Group 1? Button 12. See what extensions are in there, and then dial each extension from a phone and see if the VM answers.

VM does not answer if I dial 100 from station 100 and so on up through 107, there are 8 actual digital stations connected. If I dial 108 to 115 from any extension it does answer, and it answers with the correct greeting if it was an outside CO being directed to VM, and responds to prompts as programmed by the CCR menu. Once it answers, I can hit the # key and get to admin options and they all work as they should. If I dial 116 and higher I get a reorder/error tone. I know it's weird.

VM group 1 is properly set up in flash 65 button 12 and the 8 extensions are on it. button 12 shows: V440 STA 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107. Flash 40 button 13 (the display button) shows V440N S100D S101D S102D S103D S104D S105D S106D S107D. I think that is correct for this particular setup.

Does anyone know if the PMU card above the power supply area of the MBU should normally operate in the "on" position or is that just for upgrading the flashprom???

This one is "off"

The whole issue is it just doesn't "answer" when you dial 440 and it won't "answer" when a CO line is transferred to it either manually or by CO route programming; like night service for example. Otherwise, it functions perfectly as far as I can tell.

Also, 450 is for hunt groups, I don't have any hunt groups programmed. All 8 extensions ring as per customer's instructions.

I would normally think that one of the boards has gone bad but since everything works perfectly otherwise I keep thinking I am doing something wrong.

OP Offline
yep, the switches are in the right place but I don't know about the PMU switch...this one is off

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Just a second here. The voice mail extensions in group 440 cannot also be actual phone set extensions. The vm card slot has its own set of eight numbers which start where the last actual extension ends. No wonder we are chasing our tails here.

The question I asked at first is group 440 programmed correctly, it appears not to be. You need to find out what the port numbers of the vm actually are. They start where the last digital station ends as long as the vm card is in at the end of the dtibs.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/03/14 07:18 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Yep...you're saying your vm extensions are 108-115. Those are the extensions that should be programmed into F65, B12.

OP Offline
I don't know what I am missing.

In flash 65, button 12, I set up the extensions 100 through 107 as mailbox stations.

In hyperterminal the VM system automatically generates 50 mailboxes when you go to that screen.

I have no idea why I can reach VM by dialing 108 through 115

I have no idea why 116 and up gives me a reorder tone

What am I missing?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,148 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bob3470), 180 guests, and 436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024