Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

116 gives reorder tone because it is an extension number connected to nothing. The voice mail boxes have no relationship to the port extension numbers.

The vm card is eight "phones" on a card and it has its own extensions, take 100 thru 107 out of 440 in flash 65 and put 108 thru 115 in their place and the voice mail will start working correctly. Once you do this dialing 440 will result in the vm asking for a password.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/03/14 09:32 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Derrick,

That would explain why I get the VM system when I dial 108 - 115... the next set of 8 above the actual extensions.

What throws me off is that on the mailbox set up screen in hyperterminal the extension numbers and the mailbox numbers are the same.

I will take it on faith and give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks.

If this works I owe you big time.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
To be more precise the voice mail boxes and their associated extensions have no relationship to the voice mail hardware port extension numbers. The voice mail answers up to 8 calls at once not 44 which is the number of extensions the XTSc can have.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
a drum roll please...

EUREKA...IT WORKS!!!

And I feel like an idiot. I was a Panasonic man years ago and a guy who worked for me was Vodavi certified, who is now in Thialand.

I need to go back to school.

Thank you ever so much Derrick and others who gave this some thought and answered my query.

OP Offline
Not to press my luck, but if I set up three virtual off net extensions for outcall would I need to start mailbox assignments at 111 instead of 108?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I guess I should ask what you want when you say outcall? If you mean you want to dial an extension that is forwarded to an outside number you would start with 116 and forward it to a speed dial bin that has the number you want in it. You set virtual extensions in flash 51 programming.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/04/14 02:05 PM.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Well, they have three folks that work from home. I can set up a speed dial on flex buttons 108, 109, and 110, put their phone numbers in speed dial for those people, assign those buttons to them.

When whomever at the office answers, they can forward with two buttons, trans and that flex button. If the auto attendant gets it, it will transfer by either dial by name or "press 3 for George", or whatever.

I just don't want to create a conflict with this voice mail numbering issue that I still can't get my brain around.

I was going to dig into this later myself but since you are here so to speak could you tell me if I can set up a sequence where the voice mail system will answer with a message like "thanks for calling XYZ, someone will be with you monentarily" then ring are the 8 stations, and then follow the preset forwarding timer back to the auto attendant if they don't answer?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
You should not have 100-107 set up in F65, B12. From what you wrote above, "If I dial 108 to 115 from any extension it does answer, and it answers with the correct greeting if it was an outside CO being directed to VM, and responds to prompts as programmed by the CCR menu.", your voice-mail extensions are 108-115.

Remove 100-107 from F65, B12. Put 108-115 in F65, B12. Then dial 440 and see what happens.

OP Offline
Thanks nfc...we got that, it is working correctly with VM ports set to 108 to 115

I was just trying to determine if I set up 108 to 110 as virtual extensions if that would mess us the above

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Yes it would, those are vm port extensions and cannot be used as anything else. If you want to create virtual extensions start with 116.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/04/14 09:30 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,182 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024