Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#581425 12/01/14 11:23 PM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
One last question (I hope) on my SL1100 install. The main cabinet has an alarm light on. At one time I was able to click on the Reports tab, then on Alarm. This generated a web page report of the alarms. Now when I do this, nothing happens. Is the report file going somewhere? I don't see anywhere that tells me where. I know it worked before on this system.

Thank you again.
Jim

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What's the nature of the alarm light? If it's the power light blinking blue and red in alternation - you can look in the manual about what the alarm is based on the speed of the blink and the number of blinks for each color.......

I have two different SL1100 that blink a pattern with no reference in the manual. I have reported to tech support and not gotten any help. There are no issues with either system though, so I guess we are chalking it up to something in the software........so, I just let em blink.

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I've seen that chart in the manual. It basically says I have an alarm.

I'm wondering how to get the reports to display. I don't get any progress indicator, no error messages, nothing. There should be an html file somewhere with the results of the selected report.

Jim

Now I'm assuming you are wanting a text display of the alarms.

OK. Connect to the system and do a download, In SL1100 PCPro go to Reports > Alarms. Select "No Filter" and generate. The report will be a HTML file located in the reports directory of the SL1100 PCPro

Something like this location C:\Program Files\NEC\SL1100 PCPro \reports

Unfortunately they are in NEC cryptic style.

Regards,

Paul W
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I've done the generate with no filter. I find the path to the report folder, but it's empty. I know I've done this before and got a nice report without having to browse folders to find it. But, I don't remember what I did yesterday. I sure can't remember how I got the report.

I don't know if it has to do with which OS you are working with, but with Win 8.1, the folder it sent the report to was: C:\Users\(USER - your default profile folder)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NEC\SL1100 PCPro

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
That's where I found it, Ken. Not very intuitive is it? I'm using windows 7, if that matters.

I wonder why it doesn't just show the report after you click generate? That would be so simple.

Thanks for the help.
Jim

Originally Posted by Yoda
That's where I found it, Ken. Not very intuitive is it? I'm using windows 7, if that matters.

I wonder why it doesn't just show the report after you click generate? That would be so simple.

Thanks for the help.
Jim

Yes that sure would make things simple but unfortunately the designers of this software do see it that way..
Glad you sorted it..

Regards,

Paul W

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,798
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,355 Shoretel
189,019 CTX100 install
187,395 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (mongo5150, Toner), 144 guests, and 392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024