web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Brad L Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide! I'm a technology teacher for my school district that was put in charge of managing our Toshiba phone system without being given any training, and have been learning a ton on my own so far.

I ran into a problem yesterday where for some reason, the VM will not activate for a user - phone just keeps ringing and ringing. All of the settings in the Toshiba Network eManager Strata CIX software V5.20B06 (particularly the "call system forward" and "VMID code") and Stratagy ES V4.705 (particularly "store messages" and "maximum rings") are correctly configured. I have checked every other setting in both software platforms, compared them to my baseline extension which I know functions normally and everything seems to match.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated (this extension just happens to be for our new director of technology who started yesterday!)

Thanks,
Brad

P.S.: This extension does seem to be different than the others in that the default values in the Stratagy ES software for this extension don't completely match the default values for my baseline extension. For example "do not disturb" unchecked is the default for our other extensions, but for this extension, "do not disturb" being left blank yields one of those "not default" exclamation points next to this value. Interestingly, "store messages" when checked also yields a "non-default" exclamation point. Sorry for the long message, but figured the more detail the better.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello,

The settings in the voicemail system would not really take effect until the call gets forwarded to voicemail. For a ring no answer you would want to check the phone settings in emanager.

You mentioned that you verified the System call forward template is set to the same as other extensions. There is one thing to check that would not appear in eManager. At the extension dial the code #620.

I have seen this on several occasions. This code activates system call forward where #621 is the code that turns off system call forward. I don't know how this code could have been entered accidentally but somehow it does.

Brad L Offline OP
OP Offline
First off, thanks so much for taking the time to help! Wow...that's something I never would have figured out. Will give it a shot and then follow up with the results.

Thanks again,
Brad

Brad L Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello David - can't thank you enough. Your solution worked like a charm and I never would have figured it out on my own! Thanks again, and I hope to be able to "pay it forward" on this forum in the future.

Take care,
Brad

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,807
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024