Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#582959 01/07/15 05:24 PM
walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
So here is the deal.
We installed a SL-1100 in a home with 6 phones, KSU equipped 4x8x4. They have two POTS lines from Verizon. All works well with the system except when you call in (both lines 1 and 2) we have no flashing lights or ringing.

I believe this to be a Verizon problem because when we removed the equipment and brought it to the office the KSU worked fine with our FIOS line. The customer has POTS lines which should be better than FIOS (ring detection).

I spoke with ED (here on the site) and he suggested we check the ring voltage (AC) in our office to use as a comparison of what we are seeing in this home.
We did such and both locations are showing 31v AC in the ring cycle. Now I do know it should be around 90v, but there are things called sine waves, cycles and hertz, etc that may make my analog meter not accurate as far as reading the voltage.
But was what accurate was the comparison.

If I plug in a single line phone, the phone rings on both lines. For the hell of it I brought a DSX40 to the site, plugged that in with one phone and that system rings fine.

With that said, my techs spoke with NEC tech support and all they had to offer was to adjust the side tone auto setup (which was done). If that did not work then I was told to go to program 8107 and change the the field from (2) default to 0. Did that and still not working???

We are not green with this product (installed about 30 systems in 2014), but are certainly not experts smile

What I believe is Verizon is at the edge of what they are delivering and I will never be able to get it resolved with them. The reason I say such is because a single line phone works and so does the DSX, hence Verizon will report NTF (no trouble found)

Ed and I spoke about using a Viking RG10A to increase the ring voltage, not cheap $147.00@ x2, Sandman makes a similar product about $30.00 bucks less per unit. Hate to go this way because the client is going to make me eat this.

Tech support is a bear to get to with NEC, long wait times and could be hours to talk to someone.

Any Ideas on settings I can try???

Thanks
Walter

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Default the system and see if it works. I would also check your tail and make sure the pin out is correct and plugs are in the right spots.

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
Did all that and more smile

You saying you can answer the lines when calling?

Try a dif co card?

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes Brokeda,
You can answer the lines just no flash or ringing. It's not the CO card, CO card works fine in my office. As a matter of fact, the entire KSU was brought back to the office and it works fine here.
Customer opted for us to install the DSX since that works in their home.

Thanks
Walter

walterv Offline OP
OP Offline
PS,
Tail is good.

Did you run 90-68-01 on each line. After you do this you must restart the system.
https://www.necsl1100distributors.com/techtips/SL/78/Trunk-Calibration-and-Conditioning

Anthony Cascarelli

ARG Communications, Inc.
Wilmington, DE 190805

www.whyarg.com

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,060 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Toner), 189 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024