web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I've looked through the posts on SBX and haven't found answers to some SBX PRI implementation questions I have. The list is long and I may be back, but here are two:

1. Customer currently 3.5, any reason to upgrade to 4.0?

2. I am installing the T1/PRI w/CSU card and I want to install the card ahead of the TTU schedule. I want to make sure the card is good (verified) and do any programming that I can do early(keep my need for tech support on TTU day low). I know I have to install in the first cabinet, which means I have to move the existing card to the second cabinet. I am guessing that all the station info does not get affected. I am assuming that I can't set the channels. Probably won't see anything in PGM 141-143? Maybe the question should be "what can I do?" ahead of time.

I haven't had a PRI cut in some time and never on an SBX. I have a few SBX's installed, but don't have to do much programming on them.

As a side comment, nice to find this forum. Lots of helpful techs out there. I'm not a fan of SBX documentation and most of the time I get the answers I need from tech support, but this job has me uneasy.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
With PC admin.

Card goes into the basic ksu, it can be fractional or full. Pri card is auto sensing for all parameters except channels. Card should show up under pre-programmed slot 6.
right click on configuration and you set the channels in the port field. You will have to reset the system at this point. Make sure all new lines are set to ISDN DID and set did conversion to type 2.

I would upgrade to FP4 for the expanded CCR and overflow destinations including new busy/error timeout and no answer. These new destinations include Virtual Mailbox, Station, and system speed. FP4 now has personal operators for mailboxes. Operator can be a personal CCR, system speed or virtual mailbox. Defaults to attendant.
There are many other enhancements as well.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick. I'm comfortable with all of that but...

What about putting the T1 card in early, before the TTU? What software changes will I need to make in order to allow the system to function as is, until the TTU date? I'd like to do this prior to the TTU to keep the cutover simpler, and to be able to go back to the original arrangement if the T1 doesn't come up properly.

e.g.
- Since the T1 is identified in what looks to me like a virtual location (slot 6). If I don't designate the number of channels, are the CO line numbers affected for the other lines in the system? There are 8 current lines - a 7 line hunt and a "backdoor". I'm guessing that lines 1-3 are unaffected, that when I remove the card currently in the second slot and put it in slot 4, those lines are now 10-12, and the lines in the third slot stay 7-9. Good assumption or bad?

Bottom line is it possible to install early, or is it not worth it?

Thanks again,

Kevin

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Depending on which software version the SBX is running on...the System will make the pri channels show up at the end of your pots lines...FP4xx something moves them to the front...at initialization I think...don't know about an add on later. Regardless you can just move the PRI channels to any other group and test them from there and they won't mess up your outgoing pool. Personally I don't see much reason to do this before the PRI is delivered, just don't port any published numbers to the PRI until you test everything....in and out.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

All,
Perfect timing on this post as I have a new install coming up as well with a PRI. First PRI on an SBX as well.
Is there a reason why you are going with the CSU setup?
PN# VC4035-00 T1/PRI/CSU with Cables

In my scenario I am looking at a PRI with Comcast which should just be a straight RJ-45 from Comcast I believe. I plan to use all channels so is there a reason I can’t go with PN# 4035-00 T1/PRI card with 8 hybrid stations?
Anybody know of any gotcha’s with Comcast PRI’s and my proposed config?

Thanks all
This forum is always a great help

Comcast PRI connection will be a cross-over T1 connection

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Adtran CSU ACE isn't necessary for the PRI to come up...but it does serve a good purpose. If your PRI is coming in on copper it will act as a surge protector/jitter eliminator and an easy point for troubleshooting. If the PRI is going to connect to an IAD type device with a short distance then a CSU may not add a lot for the extra cost.

www.myrandomviews

As always thanks for you insight on this

Hopefully the PRI is coming in on a fiber as it is a new build out from Comcast with multiple tenant service

So your saying I need a cross over cable if I decide not to go with the CSU?

Sorry one last question

My intent was to go directly from Comcast PRI right to the PRI interface board of the SBX PN# 4035-00.
Other than the other pros you that you already mentioned using the Adtran is there a reason why this would not work?

Customer is trying to shave a few dollars off so I was hoping this would be the case. If not, I can certainly push back as I don't want a bunch or unnecessary service calls.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,812
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (paulw, jeffmoss26, Toner), 136 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024