web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
New to the forum, and also to Iwatsu.
One of our employees was wondering if there was anyway to change her voicemail lamp from blinking to solid due to the blinking aggravating a heart condition. For now we're physically covering the lamp and are having voicemails forwarded to her email. Couldn't find anything in the phone manual, and extinguishing the lamp only works until she gets another voicemail, thus defeating the purpose. We've also looked into it on the voicemail server side w/o luck. Any help?

Running ICON-VN Programmer for ECS v5.0.5359
Digital Iwatsu phone - ADIX

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
It's unfortunate in your case, but a solid message light is reserved for a message set from another extension. The voice mail system is coded to dial the blinking MWL sequrnce.

You could try turning off the message waiting light feature in the voice mail system, or if it's just the large LED causing the problem, disassociate the message key with the large LED in Stations>Display>Large LED. Change the key number to something other than what it is now.

Depending on the voice mail system you have, you can try defeating the message waiting light and shift to a notification at the user's extension.

The MWL is a lot harder to turn off than it is to turn on in some cases....

Last edited by JBean3329; 07/15/15 06:26 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JBean3329
You could try turning off the message waiting light feature in the voice mail system, or if it's just the large LED causing the problem, disassociate the message key with the large LED in Stations>Display>Large LED. Change the key number to something other than what it is now.

Unfortunately, the large green LED isn't the one that's bothering her, something about the little red LED gets to her in a bad way.

We tried disabling message notification on the voicemail side, but it's just like performing the FEAT>8>*>Lamp extinguish, it's turns it off for the meantime, but any new message brings the LED back up.

I wish I knew more about our VM server. Apparently we use an old version of Esna, which is now a subsidiary of Avaya, so I might head over to that section of the forum for more help on that.
Thanks for replying! smile

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You could try taking the message key away entirely, though it may cause some other key- probably the FEAT key -to blink instead.

If you have an Esna TOL server, remove the extension number in question as a default address. If the server isn't looking for an extension, it won't try to light a light. The user will just have to be diligent, or be notified some other way.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,542 Shoretel
189,425 CTX100 install
187,594 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Carl Navarro), 96 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024