Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I am running 64 bit Ultimate, but, essentially, they are the same versions. I have no problem with the ESI Admin or Programmer. When I first installed the ESI programs, I had a lot of problems. The two things that worked were the turning off of the DEP and the use of Take Ownership to allow access to all the areas ESI needs to have access.

The other thing that I know is an issue is the absolute removal off all traces of the existing program. Anything that remains will mess the installation of the new load.

You may want to run Take Ownership on the root drive and all sub directories ESI wants to modify. That's a shot gun approach, but who has time to figure out what each individual sub directory is affected?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
I have found this to be true also. What I have found you have to do is remove the admin. programmer using Add/Remove software from control panel then if you are using windows 7 you have to go to Computer/Users/name of computer/AppData/Roaming/ESI then delete the folder the Admin. programmer resides in. Re-install the admin programmer. When you configure your New Site DON'T NAME IT, leave it's name as New Site. I have found that if you don't name it you won't get the Unhandled Exception error. This has got to be a bug that ESI just hasn't had time to fix.

Hello, I'm new to ESI programmer. I think I'm following the Rcaman's instructions to a T when trying to install Programmer 1.2.14.9. Everything looks fine until I try to connect via ip, be it local or remote.

"It verifies the password but stops at "Verifying System Type & Dialing Plan..."

It just sits there. What am I missing?

This software........ I wish I could send this phone sys back. No support, uneducated re-sellers, cannot contact esi direct and so few online resources. I have scoured these forms and have attempted ever suggestion for getting the system programmer to work with no eval. I had the programmer working on a VM in the past, but I reinstalled it after some maintenance. Since then Unhanded exception every time, ever version, every platform. The amount of $/hr that I have spent trouble shooting this software is sicking. I'm at my breaking point here so I'm asking what advise you might have to get this working.

I have tried installing versions 1-2-14-29, and system programmer 1-2.14.17 on the following platforms:
server 2003
XP Pro 32
XP Pro 64
Windows 7 32
Windows 7 64
Server 2008 (32)
Server 2008 R2 (64)
Server 2012

Used:
Your Uninstalled
CC Cleaner
Disabled DEP
Disabled UAC
Ran in all compatibility modes
As Admin
As normal user
taken ownership of ESI program directories

This shouldn't be this difficult. Where is the ownership, where is the quality, why is there no "best practices"...

I wouldn't wish this phone sys on my worst enemy!

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I would go to a different reseller if you are not happy with the current one.

I have hundreds of happy customers who love their ESI systems .... so it isn't the system.

Any system that is not installed properly or supported by a knowledgable vendor will create issues.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,063 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Toner), 190 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024