web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Please help!! I am installer new to esi. I relocated system and the auto attendant says press 1 for directions. Well they have moved.
I need to re record the press 1 prompt for directions. I have looked thru manual and tried different boxes.I have gone online, but i do not see SPECIFIC instructions how to re record propmt one in auto attendant.
In other words AA answers all calls, recording says press 1 for directions to our store.
Please help me!!! aaaaghhh!!!

Telesystems technician
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It could've been setup a few different ways. It could be a mailbox or an AA branch you need to re-record. Best to ask the installer how it was set up. He should be able to provide you with simple instructions on re-recording.

Aaron
OP Offline
Guys. Gals I also need just the bracket to prop up the 24 button phone. PHONE IS A 24 Key DFP

Thank you.

Aaron I have no idea who the installer was.

Telesystems technician
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
It isn't prompt 1 ...that would most likely be the main greeting.

You need to find out what is answering the lines then find out where option 1 in auto attendant programming sends you and that will be what you need to re-record.

I used to have a ton of extra brackets / bases but threw them out when i sold out. It might be worth sending a PM to the ESI people on here to see if they have one.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
You could also google a place called Ramble On Communications - they sell a ton of used ESI stuff at fair prices.

OP Offline
So to reiterate auto attendant answers all calls with a greeting. During the greeting outgoing messages says "press 1 for our store location" , which then is a recorded info box that describes address, directions, etc.
Main greeting also says "press 2 for the print shop" then outside caller gets transferred to the print shop extension.
etc.

Telesystems technician
OP Offline
John, when outside caller presses 1 the AA transfers them to an info box, it seems.
Thanks

Telesystems technician
Most installers will program up a general mail box for directions or store hours, etc. You need to look at the AA programming which will tell you immediately where the caller is being sent upon dialing 1 for directions. Most likely it is a general mail box, however, it could be another branch. Use ESI System Programmer if this is a Comm Server or ESI Access for an older system. You will see exactly how the system is programmed in just a few seconds.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
RCAMAN I'm not using a computer to access programming

Telesystems technician
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
dial 300 and see if you get the old directions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 128 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024