Originally Posted by SwedaGuy
Originally Posted by newtecky
Did the extension you were using have a voicemail? Normally you would get prompted to enter a passcode when you first dial the voice pilot number.

FYI, if you can access the voicemail programming using Stratagy VM manager (or the old DOS version) through the serial connection then you won't necessarily need to use the admin mailbox. You don't use this mailbox for recordings.

There is a mailbox assigned to the phone (DP5032SD), but I must have something not right because pressing the message button on the phone does nothing. I can dial the Pilot DN and reach the VM system. I guess I have to access the user 990 box. That's the default main greeting I have to change. I'm going back on site tomorrow morning, I still have to resolve a night service vs. day service issue, too. I haven't found anyone local to do this, or I'd pass it off. You can't dial in to their system, I don't believe (no analog trunks) but I can hook up a laptop with TeamViewer to allow someone to remote in. So far, no takers.

But, yes, I'm hooked up via serial port to the VM. That was a breeze, even using a USB adapter. I just wish the documentation was more clear. The book I've got for programming it is an old DOS version. It talks about programming the VM, but all the examples relate to the DOS program. Not only that, but integration notes are sparse. For example, how to get a line to ring to the AA with different day and night settings. It was just trial and error, and I'm not sure I'm right.

Sounds like you dont have the SMDI setup correctly