web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I need to know how to enable external paging using a station phone. Is there a preamble tone on the CIX 40 or is it open mic? Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Brian,

You have to do so via Network eManager programming. It should have been programmed by the installer to be either in the "All Call" page group, or "Page Group 01"

To access it via all page, dial Intercom #30 from any of the phones.

To access it via page group, dial Intercom #31XX, where XX is the page group number (01/02/03.etc.)

If it was not programmed initially, you need to use Network eManager and enable the external page relay.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
OP Offline
Thanks Tony,

It must not have been setup. Ive tried all call and the individual groups but I only get reorder. I guess I need the Network eManager to complete the job. Thanks for your help.

BE

What program is that in eManager?

Talk Communications INC.
631-698-TALK
Can the external page port be enabled at End user programming level??
This is beyond ridiculous that Toshiba would have this nazi-like setup where you need to not only enable something as basic as external paging but that you would need proprietary software to do so....which requires paying an authorized dealer to come out to download it onto your PC...and then surely a charge to scroll through and enable it.....I'm sure they are enjoying their current demise from things like this....

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I'm not sure why you're responding to a 4 year old post just to rail on Toshiba and not provide any useful info to the previous poster. You seem like you're an installer. If so, you should be aware that every manufacturer wants a certified/authorized dealer to work on their products.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Why not get someone to do the programming for you remotely. It will probably cost less than someone installing the eManager software and then doing the job for you?

The CIX is a system that has been sold for nearly 10 years so programming it via a proprietary software was not uncommon in those days.
If they upgraded to an IPedge for example then the customer would have the warm fuzzy feeling of being able to log into a web browser and make any changes they want to.

Regards
Carl
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
The CIX is a system that has been sold for nearly 10 years so programming it via a proprietary software was not uncommon in those days.

I agree regarding the proprietary software, but the CIX line has been around longer then 10 years. The CTX was released in 2002, and the version 3.0, renamed CIX was released in 2005.
I followed the link below barster and I see logos for a bunch of systems that used or still use software for programming, Avaya, NEC (DSX), Panasonic...

Also, by the way, the Network eManager is NOT required to program a CIX. My first CTX-28 I programmed completely by a 20 button phone. Back in the early versions of CTX the Ethernet NIC was optional. Network eManager is a programming aid, not a requirement, because programming through the phone is a pain.

While they don't provide a public link, Toshiba doesn't restrict the software to only Toshiba techs. They even pre-install it on a customer's MAS and Virtual IPEdge. They could have easily restricted the software to Toshiba techs through licenses if they wanted to (or a dongle like the older DK Admin)

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,806
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,376 Shoretel
189,071 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, teleco), 127 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024