web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Greetings--

I inherited an old Inter-Tel PBX when my company let the office IT guy go. I've figured out everything that I've needed so far with pure guesswork but this one has me stumped and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have set up a few individual extensions to forward to outside numbers by pressing forward on the keyset, then pressing "Outgoing", and then entering the number. This seems to work just fine and indeed calls get forwarded properly. But if you answer one of these forwarded calls it will be dropped exactly 10 minutes into the call and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have looked through what little documentation I have been able to obtain with google and have pretty much ruled out any of the obvious timers that I can change in the programming interface, I am really at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Dustan

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
What is being created is a trunk-to-trunk conference when you do that. Many systems have a timer that limits these calls to ten minutes in order to minimize toll fraud. You'll need to look for that timer and adjust it accordingly.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The timer you need to change is called Unsupervised CO

Andrea
OP Offline
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

maybe now they will unlock the door of the telcom room and let me out.

The manual does say the "Unsupervised CO" timer is exactly what I was looking for (timer for outside transfers) but oddly enough that timer was already at its max value of 255 minutes. I did however find the culprit which was an obscure timer called "Abandoned Call" which was set to 10 minutes.

The description in the manual still doesnt make sense to me, but for the lulz I set the "abandoned call" timer to 15 minutes and now the calls started dropping at exactly 15 minutes.

Thank You Again, both of you for pointing me in the right direction!
Dustan

Anytime, Dustan. Thanks for posting back to let us know how you made out. Doing so helps all of us to learn a little bit more.

welcome

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,637 CTX100 install
187,867 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 190 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024