See: http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/305741O/ms2-mudulos-de-terminaciun-y-accesorios.PDF
This is almost certainly not the customer's equipment. The only time I have seen MS2 modules with 4010 covers (which turns them into terminal or cross connect connect boxes) at... phone company terminal or cross boxes. the building terminals even have a big sheet metal covering for 'phone company techs only'. I guess I tmight be leftovers from a PBX system the phone company used to maintain, but I doubt it, that was usually 110 or 66 blocks.

I would make sure that it's your property/headache. It's probably your LEC's terminal and you don't need to mess with it. Call in a ticket and tell them you are missing your demark. They should bring it to a 66 block and label it for you.

If you are certain it's yours (take more pics?), and really want to get rid of it, you could buy a more modern terminal like 3m 4688-50, which comes with 66 block and rj21 connections. Make sure you buy pass-through protectors for it though. that terminal and this thread came up for me when I was searching 3m ms2 rj21 to see if they sold any pre-made jumpers to convert out of the system. You would probably need to buy a 3m ms2 separation tool, to pop off the old terminal stuff, but that shouldn't be that bad on ebay or whatever. They sell a special crimper to connect the modules, but since this is a one time thing for you, you can get away with a pair of slip-joint pliers if you're careful about lining the new and old Ms2 modules right.

There's not much reason to get rid of it now though. Hang up the tool from Alibaba in the room, and leave an extra one in your desk. They work fine until someone starts tearing the pairs out of the back because they don't have the tool or can't figure out how to use it.

I have found MS2 to be much faster than amps or scotchlocks and use it whenever I can in splices. It's also neater and easier to maintain if cables ever need to be added or removed or trimmed out for bridge tap/repeaters. You can also work 4 people in a splice which makes shift work go faster. You need to really figure out your setup though. If you don't have it perfect, they turn into nasty rats nests. There aren't very many good trainers for it anymore. I picked this all up from hard knocks and reading the manuals.

Last edited by Noobed2336; 09/27/18 12:31 AM.