Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JBean3329
I still service half a dozen ZTDs, a couple ZTSs and a smattering of Omegas IIIs and IVs. They did in fact use the wht/or pair for T/R audio, with the wht/bl used as a bypass pair and wht/gn for DC voltage. I even have a 412 and one solitary 128, which I am proud to say, was recently converted from coal to regular house current.

Wow - you've got more vintage systems than we do! I'll admit I don't know what the 128 is. We did an inventory earlier this year and don't recall coming across 128 parts and phones. I'll ask if we ever had any. In 2018 we replaced an Omega III with an Adix.

I have a modified 1A2 system at home. I've replaced 400E lines cards with my own circuits so standard non-1A2 phones can initiate off hook lamps and hold. One of the IDFs is a 66 block behind the living room couch. The system was handy when everyone was living here - at dinnertime pressed 0 on the intercom to page throughout the house.

Next time the customer runs into the trouble of not being able to connect I'll keep re-installing the Icon Programmer in mind. I'll see if it could be installed on a second PC. This particular system was not installed by us. It was offered to us to service after another company took it over but had no Iwatsu experience.

For a couple months I've had a 5910 at home connected to our office system, and a Grandstream phone to our hosted system. The 5900 is a great IP phone IMO. Actually I think most Iwatsu phones/systems were. We sent several 5900 series phones out to customer's homes with POE adapters in the last few months that were fortunate to have an ECS with an MBU.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
All of the older systems were pretty hardy rigs. It's lack of repair parts that gets most of them replaced these days. That said, programming some of them was kind of difficult at time. Some of the steps were convoluted and didn't make a lot of sense. Other areas were almost automatic. Some systems supported display phones, so programming info was easily read, while other systems, like an Omega III utility version, required the reading and interpretation of LEDs on the master phone. If you understood binary coded octal, it was a breeze. Iwatsu/ICON is really good equipment. It's too bad development has stopped on the ECS.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Admin
Admin
Trying to remember way back then but didn't the 128 get programmed with a SPRG programming module?

[Linked Image]
oh, the number of Omega III and IVs we scrapped...I remember an ITT 3100 in the dumpster too!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Yep..the program setting box. Bunch of rocker switches that would drive you to drink within minutes.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow I never knew the Omega III was even programmable! I was at a Samsung DCS service call today which is programmed from a phone. Entering a name is like texting on a flip cell phone.

Going to the site tomorrow that was an Omega III that went to an Adix 2 years ago. Their 3rd CO line has a hum and any pages can be heard very clearly on that line. I advised them for now assume any pages could potentially be heard by those that are using the outside lines.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Speaking of the Omega III - had a service call on one (our only) yesterday. There was one employee there sine 1980, she believed the system was installed in 1983 like I guessed.

A phone was going dead - no lights. The customer would reset it, and it would work for a while. I replaced the line cord which was in very bad shape, but that probably was not a factor. Went through some spare phones they had, designated two as good spares. I never really worked on the KSU itself, don't know if a bad line card or SUB, whatever it's called could be going bad. We still have some parts in the shop. They have a service contract with us. What we'd like to do is tell them we will replace the system with an Adix and 24 button Gen 2 or 3 phones at no cost to them.

I showed one of the owners one of those phones about a year ago. Amazingly, she seemed somewhat receptive to it. They are very old school, they what what's called 'The Rolodex' - a huge mechanical motor driven Rolodex with paperwork. We wouldn't even mentioned a hosted VoIP system to them.

can you show a pic of the Omega III phone?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
In looking through the manual it appears that the Browser Programming was released back in the Windows XP days and operates up to Windows 7.

Is it possible that there might be a Microsoft update that might me interfering with the connection? I know a lot of laptops that worked great connecting divices to the XP environment and wouldn't with OS's beyond XP or Windows 7. Don't know if that's you case.

Regarding Editing: Editing is only allow for a certain amount of time, not indefinitely.

I am not a expert on the phone systems But:
I can say that they probably have a issue with SMB versions if using a new pc to interface to a old system.
With say windows 10 the smb version default is now smbv2.
Older devices used smbv1 to communicate.
Unless you are setup for nsf communications.
https://www.gigxp.com/smb-vs-nfs-vs-iscsi/
To get that back on a win 10 pc it is easy and will work side by side with smb2.
On the PC goto
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-access-files-network-devices-using-smbv1-windows-10
Follow the directions.
Then try again.
Don't enable the self delete.
Or the next windows update will turn it off again.
Or if you don't use it for 30 days it may uninstall again.

You probably will need to reboot the pc for the change to take effect

Last edited by Ruben; 06/21/20 05:34 PM. Reason: Added Comment

There is no such thing as stupid questions.
Just stupid answers.
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll make note of these steps, thanks.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (MooreTel, SSPhone, dans), 171 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024