Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#641395 08/20/21 11:03 AM
OP Offline
Morning,

I have a new customer call me that has a TDA 100 & TVA 50, they got hacked through the AA i imagine, the provider shut down international calling but they won't do forgiveness (refund) until the PBX is locked down.

it's been YEARS since I've messed with Panasonic, I downloaded the unified controller but I don't think it's windows 10 compatible but I do keep a windows 7 & Win XP laptops for old stuff.

the original installer isn't responding so it's up to me.

so the question is, what do I need to take care of this?

thanks,

Mark Barron
Barron Telecom

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
A couple of things come to mind:

You need to change the COS of the lines used by the VM ports. COS 7 or 8 IIRC will block any outdialing on trunks.

There are several area codes that you can block to prevent calls to them. Sometimes your dial tone provider will block them for you. They are searchable on the web, or try here

Finally, I have sent you a PSNA bulletin of the command line commands for the TVA system. OPTN 10 something will let you block a user from dialing 9 as an extension. The clever trick in an unpatched system is to dial 91n as an extension and when the transfer is completed, the hacker can dial 9 more digits to complete the call. It won't show up on SMDR but your really long holding times on an incoming call will be the key....until you dial tone provider sends you a bill.

Carl

1 member likes this: Barrontel
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I agree with setting the COS for the voice mail ports to 7. This will prevent them from dialing any outgoing calls, regardless of type. Just make sure that the customer knows that pager/cell phone notification for mailboxes will no longer be available. Most customers that I've encountered didn't even know that they had this capability anyway.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
thanks guys,

i haven't gone out there yet because it's out in the boonies and i want to make sure it's a one and done.

as i posted i managed to download the Unified Controller on my windows 10 but I don't think it's compatible.

I have a win 7 & win xp laptops, any suggestions where I can download the controller, I've retraced my online steps and can't find a good download.

thanks,

Mark

Admin
Admin
I own several laptops and computers, dedicated to business. 3 of them are Toshiba S-300's with serial ports. One has WIN-XP with BCM Element Manager, Panasonic, and NEC software, along with PuTTY and Portable Apps.

Your original request was that you were hacked and wanted to control the TVA voice mail system. That software is a Panasonic general distribution item. The Unified Maintenance console software is not.

One of our members, Ed Vaughn, is in NC and Panasonic smart. You might PM him and ask what he would charge to help you out. Outside of that, I have a policy of not posting specific answers that can end up in Google land forever. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and gave it to Goodwill.

Try reaching out to Ed, or perhaps someone else will help you. A "call your dealer" seems appropriate.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 146 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024