web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm looking for some guidance. My company is wanting our SV9100 to do one of three thing for callers in queue, so that callers in queue can be aware of how much wait time; or provide a callback option.

[list]
[*] Tell the caller their estimated wait times.
[*] Tell they caller they are in X position.
[*] Press X to enter a number and have a CS rep call you back.

From what I understand, the wait times can be accomplished with Business Connect. But I've heard several bad things about the constancy/uptime/accuracy. The second option can possible be solved with a VRS Module. The third option is a license feature of the UC Suite (which we already have some UC Suite licenses).

From those that have implemented or support any of these options, what has worked or not worked for you?

-JA-

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SV9100 can do all of this save entering a number but they can leave a number and also has abandoned call capability. When you have ACD enabled (VRS licenses required and they are rather inexpensive) you get the UC licenses to do all that. Add the InControl license and you have a total package. If you are an IT guy that is not certified on the SV9100 ACD/UC advanced and looking to do this on your own you are way over your head.

Last edited by Coral Tech; 12/21/21 05:02 PM.
OP Offline
Coral:

Man, don't I know! I am the IT Guy. I've been to the SV9100 Tech Class, but not the ACD/UC. All I really do is update extensions, swap extensions, add/remove phones, modify ACD/skills group, modify mailboxes, etc. Nothing in-depth. We must have VRS since we have ACD Groups. One of those groups using skill-based routing. We did have InControl, but the server card went out. We replaced it with a physical server that sits beside the SV9100. It's not really worked right since the server rebuild.

I'm not touching this because I know it's out of my skillset. We have 2 companies in the area that support the NEC. We also have a NEC Distributor, but they will not bid on yearly support contracts, jobs, installs because they want to keep good relationships with the other two companies in town. The biggest problem I feel is that both these companies can sell the system, but cannot support it above basic programming. One of those companies support NEC, but I think they use it as a bait-and-switch to get customers onto one of their systems (non-NEC). I wish our company would allow remote support from vendors not in our area. I know there are better people that can guide and help us.

I'm really asking, because while I'm still waiting for one company to respond, the other company says it's a pain and are pushing a new system...which is not a solution in my opinion.

Ya, the server card is interesting but I just virtualize that stuff anymore. If the company installing doesn't understand what they are doing it can be a nightmare. You just need the UC to be on a good server and you are good as gold with a lot of the features. Heck, with the new CP20 processors you can even do SMS testing on DID numbers to UC clients AND those conversations are saved on your InControl. Ya, the VRS is really powerful on the Sv9100. It will do place in que just by activating it...and that is rather simple. I'm assuming you are using the built in voicemail system and not the Active Voice card correct?

OP Offline
Your assumption is correct. We are using InMail. I may dig around in the inControl. We are running an older version, but so is our phone system. I may have to ask them about the cost for the sell and installation of a CP20 smile Our CP10 card is still cranking along, though! The SVR2 blade lasted just enough for the warranty to expire!

Thanks for the info.

-JA-

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,285 Shoretel
188,170 CTX100 install
187,018 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024