web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi - not sure if there is a fix for this. I picked up 2 Panasonic NS700 cabinets from Australia . The SD card had UK prompts and the intercom or internal dial tone was much different than the US version sound.

Its almost sounds like a UFO spaceship hovering above ground. Anyway , I downloaded the UM prompts from the US successfully and upgraded the NS700 to the current version 9.0 .

Everything is working alright except the sound of the intercom . I was hoping to find some way in the programming to change it to the tone we are all familiar with. Tech support had limited suggestions because it doesnt support non US NS700 cabinet.

The intercom dial tone is so annoying to me I don't think Id be comfortable installing it.

Anyone hear of this before or any suggestions ?

Thanks, Harry

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

C5Z Offline
Harry,
The NS700 has two tone types for intercom and ARS, go into 2.System, 9,System Options, select tab 3 and look on the right for Type A or Type B options.

Kevin

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper
OP Offline
Hey Kevin - I was familiar with that option and tried it earlier with no luck. It changed the intercom sound but actually made it worse. It made the intercom sound more like to UFO's vs one UFO.

If you can imagine the sound of an old school incoming call on a phone in the UK . Take that sound and stretch it out to become an intercom dial tone . Thats kind of what I hear.

I changed the SD 7134 card which was a UK version to a US version SD card and the sound was the same.

There must be a component on the NS700 base unit that simply transmits a UK sounding intercom . Both cabinets do they same and they are both a UK version.

Thanks Kevin for the suggestion

C5Z Offline
The SD card is for voicemail storage and SMDR?
You could try to load the US version of the MPR software but you are on your own for support.
Good luck.
Kevin

Instructions are just one man's opinion on paper

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 66 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024