web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Good morning,
I set up a UCD hunt group with three stations
everything works fine except I cannot get the overflow destination extension to ring
is it required to have the ix-msg card installed? We do not need the extra announcement messages. We just need the overflow to go to a voicemail box
thanks

I forgot to mention all inbound calls go to PRI circuits and are routed via DNIS table

adix aps
version 7.3
cpu L

Attached Images
ApolloNoRingOverFlowUCD.png
Last edited by sketchypro; 06/30/22 10:02 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I don't think the MSG card is required.

UCD is a little flaky to set up because of the way all the timers in Class 4 interact with things. You need to make sure you have an overflow time set at the very least or the call will never overflow anywhere. It will only overflow to another hunt/UCD group. IIRC software version 8.x made provisions for voicemail to connect with UCD groups as it added a field in VM packet integration fields.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
I have that set to 1 (does *5 mean 1 x 5 seconds?)
attach
the
screen shot

Attached Images
class4item7105.png
Last edited by sketchypro; 07/01/22 07:57 AM.
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Yep. The overflow timer goes in 5 second increments. The default ring cycle for Iwatsu systems is 4 seconds per ring, so you may need to adjust that up a little, and there are other timers that may or may not play well with any setting you choose.

Do the numbering check utility on your data base. I can't ever remember using the Hunt Group ID number as an access number. Default numbers are usually 3 digit on an ADIX, 4 digit in the ECS. You may have a numbering discrepancy causing you problems.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
So I did check numbering and I had a mistake at the beginning but fixed that. Now I tried changing the on the access just because , i have it working 50% (i thing unrelated to the numbering ) I have 3 stations in the ucd group. I was putting them ALL on DND to test
the overflow destination
no ring at overflow
I put ONLY 2 stations in that ucd group on DND and it rings to the one station in the overflow group - .
the other 50% is to have the station in the overflow group send it to the voice mail box
will not work
just ring no answer either from dnd or if i set it to All in fixed call fwd on that station in class 10

attached
thx
ed

Attached Images
WorkingOverFlowUCDnoVoicemailOnext3612.png
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
If I remember correctly, UCD will only forward to another UCD group or Hunt group, but not the voicemail hunt group, and you only get one forward. I also seem to remember that forwarding a hunt group to voicemail was finally enabled in version 8 software, so you may be banging your head against the wall. Normal hunt groups will forward as many times as you want, and may even forward to the voicemail hunt group if your integration elements are set properly. Is there a reason you feel you need to use UCD?

After a little research, UCD calls from a system extension won't be treated as a UCD call, so any testing you do will have to be done using a CO line that is set DIL to the UCD group. Overflow destinations can be another hunt group, an extension or an attendant, but I don;t remember if sending a call to an extension will forward to that extension's voicemail or not. Worth a try, although normally calls from a hunt group don't forward to individual mailboxes.

Last edited by JBean3329; 07/05/22 06:15 PM. Reason: additional info

OP Offline
I have 3 stations in the hunt group that may get more than 3 simultaneous inbound calls, I was told by the local adix guy to lookup "overflow" in the tech manual that is what I found

I just need them to answered by something
either fwd to a mailbox or a another hunt group

the technical solution does not matter, my options are wide - open:
I could setup an auto-attendant
I do have other cpu cards with ver 8.13 on them, i could swap it out
I could buy some co lines but my boss will not like it...

re:
Is there a reason you feel you need to use UCD?

thx
Ed

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The easiest way around this is to set your inbound CO line group as DIL to your 3 member hunt group, then Delay that to the Auto Attendant group 47. Depending on what voicemail card you're using, you can then set the AA to route calls via Dynamic Routing to different places depending on the CO trunk ID The only issue might be the 4th caller is going to hear ring-back until the timers expire.

OP Offline
That is great
how do I accomplish that with the PRI that are pointing to that hunt group via DNIS table ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>
inbound CO line group as DIL to your 3 member hunt group
<<<<<<<<<<<<

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
insert your hunt group access code where you would otherwise program an extension number -OR- program an analog CO trunk access number in the table and program the trunk to DIL to the hunt group then delay to the auto attendant. Using a trunk access code will probably work better for you, If you don't have any analog trunks, add a trunk card in Class 1 and make the switch THINK you have trunks.

1 member likes this: sketchypro
OP Offline
awesome, As soon as I get a chance after hours to reboot I will add the trunk card ... we took all of them out of this system when we switched to PRI, i do have a free physical ports to "simulate" the trunk card
thx
Ed

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 104 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024