Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64559 06/25/10 04:10 PM
belecad Offline OP
OP Offline
My EVMC 550.5030 card is not working. Dealer sent tech who said it needs replacing for ridiculous amount of money. I found the card online for 1/4 the price. How do I get the necessary software to keep my system operational? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#64560 06/25/10 04:37 PM
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
The EVMC card is in two parts. (three if you count the fan). There is the card itself and the hard drive. If it is the card itself that is bad, you can get a replacement and just move the hard drive to it. You will then of course still have the proper version.

If it is the hard drive you would have to order the replacement and then get the software from a dealer at which point it would be very difficult for you to upgrade the EVMC yourself unless you've done it before.

Find out what version your phone system is and specify that to whoever you order the EVMC card from. Some equipment distributors will send it out to you with the required version if they are able to. Of course, at that point you will have to re-program the voicemail from scratch as well.

Might be worth it to use the dealer to take care of all this for you. EVMC's can be a real headache when it comes to upgrading unless of course they have the preloaded versions on them which is another story.

#64561 06/30/10 08:24 AM
The Replacement hard drive from Mitel is 550.5363 HARD DRIVE 30GB SPARE, EVMC. It will come with all the versions on it. Depending on your version of system software you will match the EVMC hard drive to it. Ask your dealer for the hard drive only. I have never seen the card go bad, just the fan and the hard drive. Your dealer better know how to load the correct software. Stix is right, you had better have the instructions if you DIY.

Inter-tel Axxess, Mitel CS/HX5000, MiVoice Office CCS/CSM, VPU, EM, ATM4, A+, CTP+, NET+, OAISYS, Audicodes, Polycom, Spectralink, NEC Red, Samsung, Mitel Call Recording, Mitel MBG, MiVoice Office, Xarios. Mitel Phone Manager
#64562 11/01/10 06:39 AM
Update:
Option 1: The part number is the same but if you a have a Linux version you are out of luck. The new drive is a solid state drive (SSD) 2 Gig in size and is only OS/2 Warp. Yes, that is what I said. If you require Linux you will need to purchase the whole card witha Linux Drive on it. You can not take the audio from a Linux version and put it onto a OS/2.

Option 2: Ghost the Linux drive when it is good. If you are already down this will not help. (Legal dept. Alert)

Option 3: Upgrade to the Mitel 5000 with the embedded voice mail. Use only the 1 GIG Flash Drive. Do not use the smaller flash drives. The cost of a EVMC Linux Card (NEW) is almost the same as an entire 5000 system with you keeping your phones.

Inter-tel Axxess, Mitel CS/HX5000, MiVoice Office CCS/CSM, VPU, EM, ATM4, A+, CTP+, NET+, OAISYS, Audicodes, Polycom, Spectralink, NEC Red, Samsung, Mitel Call Recording, Mitel MBG, MiVoice Office, Xarios. Mitel Phone Manager

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,345 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 148 guests, and 394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024