Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#646150 03/19/24 05:17 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer that is installing a Verkada door box/intercom
when I plugged my cable in with a crimp on it, it appeared that it bent the pins

Customer had installed this device on a test bench in his office. Everything was fine. I brought it out to the field and plugged it into a cable with a new crimp on it and it looked like it bent the pins. I’ve never seen anything like this before.
They just received a replacement and the same thing happened
Just wondering if anybody has experienced this I reached out to another tech in the field, and I asked him if he was having problems with those crimps, and he had mentioned that they were having problems with them but I’m not sure if it was the same problem that I’m having we actually bent the pins of a device

I’ve been using these for years and I do buy the more expensive ones I know you can get them pretty cheap but I usually buy the more expensive ones I do get them from Amazon but I guess you never know right

Crazy

😜

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
Are you using CAT6 plug ends and not CAT5? Also, is it 6 or 6A?

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Cat 6 platinum tools I believe the brand is

OP Offline
Never really had a problem until this particular one device I’m drawing a blank on the name of the company they cell hosted cameras Verkada
And it’s kind of funny because I’ve installed a few cameras cameras at this place, and they made a point to tell me to use patch cords

This particular, when I used the crimp, seems like the crimp is bending the pins inside the device. This particular device was an intercom system that’s outside the main door.

Online Content
No idea. Bad batch of plug ends? Have you checked your crimp tool? What happens when you crimp a plug with no wires in it? You say it seems the crimp is bending the plugs, can you see the pins are bent and what makes you think they are if you can't physically see it? That's about all I can think of.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter

I Love FEATURE 00
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
My last employer used EZ to terminate CAT6 cabling in their Central Offices. Never had any problems. I purchased a crimper & supply of CAT5 & CAT 6 plugs. The only time I run into problems is if I squeeze the crimping tool too hard. That causes the plug to not lock into jacks. Otherwise, no problems. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Call me silly but doesn't the term "Category", whether 5 ,5e, 6, 6a, et cetera refer to the filament and dimensions internal to an 8p8c .... or even a 10p10c modular plug. The exterior dimensions are the same per variety, keyed, non-keyed, shielded, et cetera. Given that, the cable Category doesn't apply and neither do the amount of positions or contacts.

Have you tried terminating on a keystone and use a patch cord? That's common practice.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Online Content
Not quite following you there Dean. CAT5 and 5E are 24 gauge and the insulation on the conductors are the same, 5E just has a tighter twist. 6 and 6A are 23 gauge and with thicker insulation on the conductors and 6A has a thicker insulation than 6. So, you have to use the correct plug ends. Unless you mean something totally different than what I'm interpreting.

Retired phone dude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Hi Bill,

Basically I was trying to say the Housing is the same size no matter which Category cable.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,118 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 96 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024