#67425 03/29/12 08:14 AM
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Good luck to you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#67426 03/29/12 08:30 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
why not unplug your keyboard ,open your mind to the fact that there may be better ways of doing things , hang around , read and learn ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#67427 03/29/12 09:04 AM
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
This guy is PRICELESS!!!

How about you sell them those awesome four line phones then?

The funny thing is that this forum is filled with people that are the NICEST most HELPFUL people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The truth is Greg if you had a "do over" and approached some of the folks here appopriately and with being polite and nice instead of making a mess out of the forum for the last couple of days, I am SURE someone would have offered to help you over thee phone or even dialed in and fixed your problem and you would have youto would have been a hero to the customer. Now it seems you are just trying to piss people

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago!!! www.wiilcom.com
#67428 03/29/12 10:35 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Tekamba:

Here's a question for you. How many of you have sent a business elsewhere who was looking to make a significant investment in telecom because you KNEW that a different platform was better suited to their needs? Or did you just justify that what you were selling was good, they just needed to change the way they wanted to operate to fit some small concessions? I'd like some HONEST answers to that one. I know I have sent more than a few customers to some of my "competitors" because I felt they could supply a better service for what that client needed.

Two things .... first is i absolutely have sent people to a better platform.

Second ... read your last sentence ..... this was the case here and what we have been trying to tell you all along!

#67429 03/29/12 12:15 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by Tekamba:

Here's a question for you. How many of you have sent a business elsewhere who was looking to make a significant investment in telecom because you KNEW that a different platform was better suited to their needs?
Yep, me too. Actually, look at my location. I've imported two different brands for that very reason. Yes, I keep parts in stock and yes I can support them through the "Pros" and friends that I have here on this forum.

I've also sent a couple of existing clients to a local competitor's brand. I've lost the clients as I can't & won't even try to support the brand. My clients are upset, but understand and will buy from me again if/when they get lousy support from their new tech. I already have a brand in mind as it will do what the clients want. Again I'll have to import, but I'll go the extra mile and the clients appreciate that.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#67430 03/29/12 01:27 PM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Greg,
Human nature being what it is, I suspect you will want to see what further comments will be made here. What I basically see is your dissing of a manufacturer's dealer only product policy. It is those manufacturers that set the bar and for us to violate that, violates our dealer agreements. Your beef is with Inter-Tel, not us.

That being said, this level of restriction does not apply to a number of general distribution products. Your local telecom distributor could point you to such products that would be very adequate to serve much of the small 4-line market that you work with.

Rather than dissing the dealer side structure, do some research and discover those telecom products that would permit you to accomplish your goals. There are many fine KSU based products to explore. We are not the ones that make the rules in this industry. We have to learn how to play by them or take our ball home.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#67431 03/29/12 01:37 PM
Admin
Admin
Wow. It's hard to even figure out where to begin. The magic numbers that separate the wheat from the chaff is $1000 plus $200 x each phone, more or less. So your 5 phone installation from scratch about $2k. You want fries with that?

But that's not the point. Hardware costs of a Panasonic TA-824 is about $$$ with 3 display phones. It's severely limited and it doesn't do certain things, but it has some other neat features. So we all can sell up or down, depending on what the customer needs. I've even sold 2-line consumer grade solutions, but I draw the line on those 4-line products. It's called a business plan.

My key Panasonic customers have the maintenance console installed on a PC next to their phone system. They still don't do changes on their own. I always tell them that I'm going to restore their database from my file copy, so I don't care what they change, and if there's a PC next to their phone system, I can do it from remote.

I started working on Intertel in the, what, GLX GMX days. When the sytems became closed, I didn't elect to become a dealer, I was already dealing in Comdial and later Panasonic with a little Vodavi (sigh, they screwed us all) thrown in. I suppose if I really needed help on an Axxes I could get it, oh, wait I already have it arranged. I'm still not going to invest in spares or a system, nor will I ever make a market in the now discontinued product. I'll still maintain Avaya Partners, Nortel CICS and Comdial systems because I have a ton of spare parts and I am trained enough to be dangerous :-)
The key is the training AND the spares.

Your mistake is you demanded something that just isn't available. If I were an Intertel dealer, I wouldn't be giving my knowledge or livelyhood away so "some guy on the internet". The rules of this board are pretty well enforced, you can support a user in the open forum only with what's in the user manual. Installation advice is via PM and only at the responder's discretion.
However, you came in with the wrong attitude. You didn't contribute anything, and now you asked for installer's access, but you didn't contribute anything to get that access and you haven't demonstrated that you are a professional in the telecom industry (more like quite the opposite).

I don't see much hope for you. It harkens back to the old Fido days. Watch, keep your mouth shut and observe before you jump into something you don't know anything about. At some point in time, and I think very soon, this topic will be closed. The horse is already dead.

Carl

Sorry Carl I had to remove the Panasonic price. :nono:

#67432 03/29/12 01:39 PM
Admin
Admin
Yes I have sent several sales and service calls to my competitors when I feel they can better serve the customer.

Greg the public forum is meant for the general user for help with User Guide type information. There are many professionals in both the telecom and data field eager to help others. There is a private Installer forum for more in depth support. Because the Installer forum has restrictions we tend to offer new comers limited help in the public forum. We take our trade very seriously so the "good ole boy" attitude comes out when someone comes in and attacks our industry. This thread has gone way past the original topic which is for information that cannot be given out here it must be obtained from a Inter-tel dealer.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,049 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024