Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#68102 11/24/01 11:49 AM
bob22 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Partner ACS R1.0(308 proc.)with Mail VS R4.0 and 206E Module R4.1. The voicemail has stopped working all together. It no longer picks up when you call in, and can't be accessed from any extension. When I powered it off and back on it goes to test and the status light is red. Please advise what to do from here.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Power the partner system down; remove the voice mail card; reseat the voice mail card/module; power the partner system back up. If this don't work; you may have a bad voice mail unit. Good luck!!

bob22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for responding, but nothing happened. Initially i get a busy signal, and then it rings continuosly with no voicemail pick-up. Do I just start shopping for a new system or is there another option?

bob22 Offline OP
OP Offline
while reading through previous topics I noticed people advised replacing 5 slot carriers. Could this be my problem? I noticed that if the cards are jarred slightly in the carrier they loose power and if I wiggle the cards power is restored. Even when the power is on and all unit working, Still no voicemail.

If all you cards are seated good, you should not loose power by a slight jarr to the carrier. You can try reseating all cards after you power down system. If this don't work, remove the card out of the 1st. slot and put the mail card there (just to test) and see if the mail will come up. You will have to change your voice mail extensions.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,301
Posts638,881
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,780 Shoretel
189,856 CTX100 install
187,984 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024