web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kdcasey Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to implement at least two automatic ringdown circuits between line ports on my PARTNER ACS system and another non-PARTNER telephone system located in the same building. I would like to avoid paying the phone company to set this up as a service and I do have a wiring contractor who can make the connection. My questions are...

1. Is there any problem with automatic ringdown circuits on PARTNER ACS systems, i.e. will they work?

2. Do you know what type of signaling devices are needed to make a 2-wire loop behave like an ARD?

Thanks in advance!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

What kind of distance are we talking about?
Viking makes a couple of units, the DLE-200B
and the DLE-300.
Viking's fax back # is: 715-386-4345
The 200 B is fax back #605 & the 300 is 607
The fax back service is available 24Hrs.&7day
I'm sure these are available through Sundance
and the guys can probably help you as much as the Mfg. You should be able to connect these between CO inputs on each switch.
Program each switch respectivly and when you press that line on on a phone on either switch it should ring the other one.
Hope this Info. helps you out some, Good luck.
WaM

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I would connect an analog port of one system to a co port on the other system and vise versa. Then you could simply dial stations & have conferences. A quick & easy tie line.

kdcasey Offline OP
OP Offline
MrGemini:

The distance is less than 1,000 feet. Thanks for the info. I did retrieve the fax back docs from Viking and it looks like that is exactly what I need. I will call the guys at Sundance tomorrow.

DrPbx:

This has to be implemented on the line level since the circuit must be accessible by multiple extensions on either end. My question has more to do with whether PARTNER ACS needs dial tone. An automatic ringdown does not use dial tone.

Thanks for your help!

If you are looking for a ringdown line, I don't think Partner can do this. I know Legend will, You program a speeddial on the 34th button and then program it as a hotline, whenever you pick up the single line phone it will autoring the speeddial number. Looking at the docs for partner I see a program #311 for external hotline, use to be emergency telephone. You might want to investigate this further. ALso there is a program for hotline at #603. From what I can tell if you program the hotline ext with say 70, when you pick it up it will page everyone in the 70 group.

392 Offline
An ACS can do that. Connect station port to CO port, then use the "hotline" programming to autodial that extension when the extension goes off hook. Works well for dial-less customer service phones and such.

It also works with offsite numbers. Put the off-site number in as speed dial 80 and set it to hotline, and it'll go offhook and dial the number when picked up. Works well with things like 24 hour bank customer service lines when the branch is closed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,358 Shoretel
189,026 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024