Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#76873 10/28/05 07:55 AM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
OK. I feel dumb for asking this one, but....

Will any headset (that plugs into a handset cord) work with the Avaya Partner?

The headset guys want to sell me the analog set type headset that plugs into the aux port. this is fine for the receptionist who has a 34 button set, but the others have 6 button Partner sets without, I think, any aux port, which means running a line cord from the wall. Also, the set type is designed for analog, so could I use a splitter or run a single line to the wall?

The "Executive Pro Overture headset is cheap and plugs into any headset cord. Details say it will work with any set. The headset sales guy says the Partner is "funny, and can only work with certain models due to its amplifier". Is this True?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#76874 10/28/05 09:09 AM
Yes, the "Euro" Partner sets can be a problem in this respect. Not so with the old MLS and I don't know how the new styles are.

That said any headset that connects to the handset cord is a real PITA because you have to lift the handset each time you want to use it.

Your 6 button sets, unless they are old MLS's, will have an Aux jack on the bottom. That jack just bridges the T&R on the other jack. You can do the same thing with a bridging adapter at the wall jack.

The far better way to provide a headset is either to use the Partner "one touch" headset base which will allow the use of a wide selection of Plantronics or GN Netcom headsets. Alternately you could use something like the Plantronics CT-10 wireless. Either of these plugs into the Aux jack (or use a bridging adapter) and does not require you to lift the handset to make or receive calls.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#76875 10/29/05 07:47 AM
The latest 6 button Partner sets, with display, do not have an auxiliary jack. You either have to use a splitter at the wall jack, or one of the Partner specific headsets.

#76876 10/29/05 08:33 AM
The latest 6 button Partner sets, with display, do not have an auxiliary jack.

Dunno about that. I just sold the last one I had in stock yesterday or I would go look but I didn't notice anything different.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#76877 10/29/05 09:14 AM
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm going to go with the analog wireless headset and use the splitter,line cord. This seems to be the most efficient method here, and the customer has chosen to go wireless after finding out the low pricing.
Thank you DTMF!

#76878 10/29/05 12:15 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
BW Telecom is correct the new 6 button displays don't have the aux jack.

Any time jjimm, it's always nice talking with ya.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,656 CTX100 install
187,869 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 125 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024