web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
BillyBob, Yesterday I spoke to Avaya. They offered to send a technician out and apply the patch under my plan at no additional charge. I told them I wanted to wait to see what the selling company would do for me first. So far, the selling company has bent over backwards to please me. I am SURE that the ACS was a brand new one. The 018 module was suspect. I mentioned that to them and they had another 018 module in my hands in less than 24 hours! Also sent air in another shipment was the 355AF adapter. They seem to be very customer oriented. I suppose the REAL test will come tomorrow when I deal with this "patch remedy". I'll post when I know what they are going to do.

I've read that the VER 7 is supposed to be a nightmare. I clicked on the "read more here" link and am not permitted to read it for some reason. I'd like to see come actual defined problems that I can confirm in my system. The ONLY things I've been able to check on my system is this current problem and the time accuracy. Time is accurate and looses 2 seconds a day. Not bad at all. I WOULD however love to know if it is possible to leave the handset OFF the phone and NOT have the phone do ANYTHING until I push a line button or intercom button. The reason for this is that I use a Plantronics MX10 Headset adaptor that works very well. But I must replace the handset after every call. Any ideas? I have it set to give me intercom dialtone now. Bondo

Help someone out today! You will feel GREAT for it!
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
As far as the headset is concerned, program a phantom line button onto your phone - use something like Line 24, a line that doesn't physically exist on your hardware configuration.

When you are wearing the headset, but want to be disconnected, press the phantom line button. You will be off hook, but on nothing.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Did Avaya release a "018" module? I know of the "012", but not a "018". :confused:

I Love FEATURE 00
Must be something new. :rolleyes:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hi All. First of all, I was in error when I said "018". It IS a "012" module.

To: TouchToneTommy. THANK YOU! Your suggestion works perfectly!!

Phoned the "selling dealer" and they had not heard of the problem related to the system loosing memory when AC power fails even for a few minutes. They promised to investigate and have an answer for me within a few hours. They did offer me a free pcmcia card to use for backups. I told them that I prefer that the system work as it should with the batteries doing their job. They understood. I'll post again before the end of the day with their solution to the problem. Bondo

Take the card too. Very nice feature if you ever loose your programming.

Retired phone dude
Selling dealer [said] they had not heard of the problem related to the system losing memory when AC power fails.

What do you think they are going to say? They have a warehouse full of these things, do you think they are going to tell you that they have this little problem? No, sell them and hope that by the time you discover the problem its out of warranty.

Ya think everybody is like us and won't sell the damn thing until Avaya gets it right? That's because WE have to stand behind it. WE are not some company whose only representitive you will ever see is the UPS guy.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hi Hal, I competely understand that you are an ethical individual. I feel that I also am ethical. YOU have the type of company that I like to do business with. However, it is very difficult to discern what kind of company you are dealing with during the shopping phase. I don't buy phone systems often, so I had nothing to go on. Some observations. 1. It is very sad that Avaya does not (evidently) stand by their product no matter WHO is the company selling it! They are the manufacturer and should at LEAST back up what they let out of the shipping door. 2. When calling Avaya it is most interesting listening to the "different stories" that I receive when trying to obtain answers to the most simple of questions. If they don't want their phone equipment to be sold by anyone but their gold plated dealers then how come thousands of phones are somehow getting into "the wrong hands"? Obviously one of the gold plated dealers are not following Avaya rules? Your tag line is something I totally understand at this point. Bondo

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
point is where you dealing with one of us YOU wouldnt be calling the Avaya help desk or asking for prints WE would take care of the problem

you took your chances and went out on your own rather than dealing with a local installer .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
SKIP555, I DID try to find a local installer. I was told that the closest one was in Colorado Springs, a five hour drive each way. Lowest cost was NOT my goal. A mix of expertise and good value were and are my goals.

I came to this site to see if I could locate a schematic. I can repair most items down to the component level IF I have a schematic. I wanted to see how they had designed the backup circuit. You mention "dealing with one of us YOU wouldnt be calling the Avaya help desk." I don't have any idea WHO you are! I am coming here to seek knowledge and to report what has happened with my situation. Shame on me for not living in a heavily populated area with several of "YOU" around. Cut me a break here, ok? Don't be so quick to judge. Bondo

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,358 Shoretel
189,026 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024