Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
Around 2001 the small company I work for bought a Partner ACS system with 8 station hook ups. Over the past couple of years we have grown and now we are in need of more phone stations than our ACS system supports.

I am currently trying to find out what our options are for expanding our ACS so that we can handle more phones. Up to this point I have not found a very good resource that easily explains what our option are.

The model of Partner ACS we have is actually an old Lucent model with the model # 103G8(28).

I currently looking at the following:

https://www.athq.com/customer/produc...=610&page=1

https://www.athq.com/customer/produc...=609&page=1

The problem is I have no clue if this will work or not and it would suck to spend money for stuff that will not work.

The manual I have list different expansion modules that can be used with release 1.0 or 1.1 then it list different expansion modules for 2.0 or higher.

How do I know what version I have?

If anybody could help me or point me in the direction of the information I need I would appreciate it.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If you have an ACS processor, go to any display phone and hit Feature 59. That will tell you the Release number that you have. Once you do that we can help you more. Also, please complete your profile. We like to know who we are helping and where they are located. smile

MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
The following was displayed:

P ACS R3.0.3 C01

From that I am assuming that I have a R3.0 system.

Yep. Thats an R3. Your best bet is to go with a 308EC for an expansion card. All of the 206 variety are refurbed these days. I would also go with one of the new 5-slot carriers rather than the old ones. The new ones space out the cards more so their are less problems with heat. I would avoid the 2 slot carriers also. Thats just my opinion though.

MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks,

Sounds like that is what I will do then.

A few more questions:

1) Do I have to fill up the entire carrier or can I just have the processor plus one expansion module?

2) The 308EC has 3 incoming line ports. Do I have to populate those with working lines or can I leave them blank for now and just use the 3 lines I already have connect to the processor?

3) Is there anything I should know (tips or precautions) before I install this hardware?

Mikey,
You can add just the modules you need. The processor goes in the center slot (#3) and the additional modules start on the left side (#1).
As for lines - the 308EC can be left vacant.
As for precautions - just turn the power off!

I would also recommend you consider upgrading the processor to R6.

Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
If you do upgrade to the Avaya ACS processor to an R6, you will be able to use 012E modules which won't allow you to add more telephone lines but will allow you to add up to 12 more extensions. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
The upgrade to the R6 probably is not going to happen. My boss will ask why we need it and the fact is we don't need it since our current processor still works fine.

I just want to say thank a lot guys. You saved me a ton of time and money. I really appreciate it.

MikeyMC Offline OP
OP Offline
What is a good site to order this type of equipment from?

I am willing to spend a little extra if the costumer service is great.

Check the equipment link at the top of this page. If you go into the Avaya tab they have everything you need. :toast:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 99 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024