web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Staples and Office Depot already offer them.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Bingo!

So if the prediction about the demise of Partner comes to pass Avaya will be out of the small business market- unless you are fortunate enough to find one with deep pockets.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by ev607797:
They have always been a good 5-7 year system for customers with minimal requirements.
Come on Ed,.........you know better than that.

5-7 years is just a good break-in period for a Partner system.

If a Partner system is properly installed, you can easily get 10-15 years out of them.
And might add that the Partner is one of the most feature robust systems for the small business market.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I agree, Mike. That's the key....If they are PROPERLY installed. They always, I mean always looked like something that came out of a blender that was hung on the wall in a 95 degree boiler room around here. If they aren't properly ventilated, they crash and burn. I guess that holds true with many other systems though.

We will need to discuss your last sentence in private.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Sounds like Walker Communications Inc, needs to open a office in the D.C. area.

We could call it Tel Walker.

laugh

www.regal-comm.com
Mike, if you end up in Washington, rest assured, we won't be worried about phones anymore.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
:thumb:

www.regal-comm.com
Mike and Ed you are both right. I worked for Lucent for ten years (before they went down the drink) and installed everything from a Spirit to a 5E. The partner is the best little system on the market. I would put them up against any system out there.

About a year ago I got a call from a friend that needed some help moving the phone system to their new building. Yep it's a Partner and I installed it 19 years ago. If someone is only getting 5-7 years from a partner system it was installed wrong. Check the grounding on the system, that is the number one thing that takes out the ports "BAD GROUNDING"
Cheers

Well, maybe. How are you going to ground a system using a two-slot carrier? While I agree that they are decent systems, it wasn't until the ACS came along that the Partner became a real contender in the market with features. Even most of this system's current features have been available on other systems much longer.

The Bell System/ATT/Lucent mindset kept pressing on with their thoughts that the customer "will get what we have to offer" and it will work. They did it very well and it worked everywhere they went. Honestly, I miss that.

The Partner systems aren't quite the same anymore. Not to mention that if anyone buys a small system and actually expects more than 5-7 years out of it is fooling themselves. Technology evolves at a MUCH faster rate.

Just a side note: We never ground our systems; this is just another path into them for trouble. As a matter of fact, it's the grounded ones that give us the most trouble. Grounding a system that has a physical connection to the grounding pin of the KSU's power cord is actually not legal under the NEC. Even the term "grounding" is improper terminology. Hal might be willing to share some of his experiences on this issue.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Hey... Now you got some folks scratching their head.

I know where your going with this.
You are correct Mr. ED.

Take the ole VOM out and do some research for
yourself guys.

Be careful dont blow your ksu up, but Ed is right again again.

You dont want a ground loop on your system, you
want a clean power outlet. Read the specs.
Do some serious installing and think.
Ask yourself a question. Is this done right, or is it done the way I've always installed these units? :confused:

-TJ-
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,602 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,651 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 170 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024