web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
nostets Offline OP
OP Offline
When a call is answered by VM and hangs up during the greeting the call won’t release and will ring the operator until answered. Is a disconnect function missing?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Far-End Disconnect (or Forward Disconnect) is not being sent by the carrier. You can strap the LS Disc parameter to "Unreliable", but it won't do much good when fronted by an Automated Attendant. The carrier simply MUST provide this signalling...end of story.

Any chance that these lines come out of a mux? Perhaps you just heated up some "flex" service from a CLEC, who often seem to overlook the FE Disc parameter.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
This problem is very common when you have loopstart trunks riding a T1 circuit. The calling party disconnects, the voicemail does not see it and the call rings the 0 action timeout extension.

The best work around for the above scenario would be to change the signaling from loopstart to T1E&M wink.

I Love FEATURE 00
Dexman, how do you know he is having T1? I didn't find any info on that. Seems to me everybody forgot Legend's LS-Disconnect option for Lines & Trunks.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Nostets didn't say that they have a T1.

My mention of the mixing of loopstart signaling and a dedicated T1 circuit came from years & years of working trouble tickets for ghost/phantom calls ringing through to receptionist consoles.

All of problems were caused by the loopstart trunks on the dedicated T1 circuit. Once we had vendors switch to either groundstart or T1E&M, the problems disappeared. smile

The only time I've seen the combination of loopstart and dedicated T1 work well is when the customer sends us calls only (no terminating calls to the customer).

I Love FEATURE 00
I don't know any good tech. who would suggest his client to have T1 w/Loop Start emulation. That the same like cutting branch which you are sitting on.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Such an arrangement can work, but the applications are very limited.

Take for instance a call center. You could have 24 people sitting in cubicles. Each person has a single line telephone (Say an AT&T 925) connected to some sort of channelbank (Newbridge 3624 for example).

If those people are only responsible for calling out to potential customers, but not taking incoming calls, then the loopstart/T1 arrangement would be fine.

I know this scenario is a bit of a stretch, but it would work. smile

Broadcast faxing might be another application.

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,050 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024