web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
My client wants me to install a V-1030C since they have it and it has amplified speakers. They already have a PA2A and 2, 5 watt unpowered speakers. Is there a way of integrating the two amps to act as one? That is what I want to do. If it were up to me I'd say just buy another PA2A and a couple speakers but they are on some budget crisis or something and have this Valcom in storage. Otherwise, how does this sound: I take an extension, assign it to HG 71, set it for no ring all lines and no VMS cover, take the tip pair and run it to the Valcom and then assign a button to intercom HG 71. Would that work?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh it's on a Partner ACS - so Mods, please don't remove my post.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
you need power for the valcom , then common the output from the acs with the valcom and PA2a

even though its behind a ACS its a general paging issue

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah, so just split the pair coming out of the paging jack? I was afraid of too high an amp load if I did that. I don't want to damage the port.

The Valcom V-1030C is an amplified speaker, the amplifier is built in. It is to be used with a Valcom V2000 series controller to interface it to an extension or CO port and provide power and line level signal to the four speaker wires.

The Viking PA2A is a controller/2 watt amplifier for use with standard voice coil speakers. The PA2A interfaces with an extension or CO port on your Partner and provides a low impedance output to the two speaker wires.

So, without getting into technical details you don't have two amplifiers. You have two different pieces of equipment about the same as Ford and Chevy. You are going to have to decide whether to go with Valcom or Viking. I would think that you could add another Viking horn to that PA2A. The Valcom horn isn't going to do you anything.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
You are going to have to decide whether to go with Valcom or Viking. I would think that you could add another Viking horn to that PA2A. The Valcom horn isn't going to do you anything.
sure it will I just did what I described .I had a existing pa2a , which I left in place ,I added a 1030c and a valcom power cube

split the paging output coming out of the switch and it works just fine

no need for a Valcom controller for one horn and no zones . paging port direct to the 1030c works fine

Ah, so just split the pair coming out of the paging jack? I was afraid of too high an amp load if I did that. I don't want to damage the port.
the "amp load" is going forward to the speakers , you are amplifying the output of the port , so amp size is irrelevant to the paging port

Skip

just need a VP-324,or a 624, I believe that is the part number for the power supply.

I don't believe he is using the dry page port rather an extension port that has battery voltage. That may or may not cause a problem with the V-1030C or the extension if the horn is bridged across T/R. At any rate doing it that way is an abortion, what to save maybe $40?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
the way I read it he using the paging port for the PA2a and was looking to use the extension tip ring pair because he didn't think he could run both off the paging port

thinking about it this afternoon I've done this a half dozen or so times over the years for various reasons as customer's needs changed

most recently a couple of weeks ago to add paging to a noisy warehouse area ,

pa2a was doing fine in one area of the warehouse but another had some noisy assembly going on and PA2A 2 watt just wouldn't cut it

adding the Valcom 1030c and power cube gave us complete coverage at a affordable price

I don't see how its a "abortion" I do agree trying to do it across tip and ring would require some sort of interface but I don't think the PA2a would work across tip and ring well either

the valcom guys have always been great at advising whats needed if you shoot them a email or give them a call they will tell you exactly how to configure things

Skip

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Provide 24VDC for the 1030 power pair and bridge the speech pair across the PA2A output. It WILL work. It really is as simple as it sounds. Be sure to start with the PA2A set where it was and the Valcom turned all the way down. It takes almost nothing to drive a 1030 to FULL output! Have someone page while you turn up volume slowly.Do NOT be directly in front of the 1030, unless you like saying HUH! smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024