web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I figured it wasn't a silly thing like direct media path and seem to remember that being discussed earlier.

I also know that your BP is less than helpful but had to suggest it since this truly sounds like a bug in the firmware. According to the list, it should be corrected in the 4.1 versions if the error listed is the same as yours. If it isn't, you have a few choices. Listed in order of cheapest, to most expensive:

Keep dealing with the problem as you have been,
Hope someone else has the same problem and it gets reported to Avaya for a fix in the next maint release,
Find a new business partner that will help,
Kick your existing BP in the head until they help,
Pay outrageous amounts for direct Avaya support,
Buy a bunch of hardware to convert the P2P T1's to data+TDM based tie lines,
Or scrap it all. wink

Please keep us posted with the results.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
ipofficeguy, I like your suggestions smile I will keep the thread going, don't worry! I am planning on doing the upgrade within the next couple of days. My boss insisted on asking the BP who was supposed to be doing them (we're still under warranty, and this is the same BP who didn't want me in the system because "I might mess it up"). Personally, I'm ready to do the upgrade right now! I'm just dying to solve this.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Now, I will add my 2 cents worth, if your upgrade and new T-1's don't fix the problem. I had a similar situation happen awhile ago, where the site said they kept dropping calls. We change feeder pairs on the T. Stress tested the T, but everything came back to the IP Office. I also swapped out the PRI card.

What wound up fixing the problem was running a "new" Cat 5E cable for the T-1. If looked at on a t-bird everything looked fine.

The new cable was put in, T-1 moved over to it, everything has been fine ever since.

I know it sounds strange, but this did work for me when everything didn't.

Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
doubled, thanks, that is an easy one! I am doing the upgrade tonight and if that doesn't fix the issue, I'll give that a try.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me where I can find Avaya patches? I know where to get the maint releases, but the BP is telling us that there was a patch that was released the 28th of March, and all I see is the March 4.1(12)? He didn't provide me with a link.

Also, I appear to be a non-person again over at tek-tips, ipofficeguy, if you have a chance, please drop in on my active threads and let the people over there know I'm not ignoring them, but I can't logon and tek-tips NEVER answers me, this is the third time and I have no idea why.

but I can't logon and tek-tips NEVER answers me, this is the third time and I have no idea why.

Why would you bother with them when we have the best people here?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Since you are on 4.0.14 on most of your systems already, 4.1.12 is the next higher version. The only other 4.0.xxx patches out there are the private builds that you wouldn't be able to see online.

I stopped by the other forum and didn't see any of your topics. If you have any links to them, feel free to PM me here and I'll drop a note for you.

Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, we ran the December Maint release last night, and that had no effect. I think it may be the March release that we really need, but we wanted to do them in order so the March release will be done next week.

I did however manage to blow up my callflows in VMPro, I had saved the configuration but not exported the callflows (inexperience showing). Is there any way to get them back without rebuilding it?

Thanks, Dawn

Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
ipofficeguy, thanks. I had my boss set up another user for me from her home, but I am hesititaing to use it because they obviously have all my IPs and domains. The thread I am most concerned with is https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1457999&page=2

I think we really need the 4.1.12, so next week I'll be doing that one.

Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, found a backup DB for my VM call flows, thank goodness!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,490 CTX100 install
187,699 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024